Hello, I am supporting a user who has a new BB 8700. After setting him ... General Blackberry forum

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Message Truncation/More All Function

Advertisement

Hello, I am supporting a user who has a new BB 8700. After setting him up as I have done with MANY others, he noticed that when any large message came in it was truncated with the message, "More Available". I have seen this before and at first was not worried, but after going through his message list I found that every large message was being truncated. I confirmed that "Auto More" was enabled, as it is on my 8700 so I am confused as to how this is happening, especially since when I forwarded to myself several of the same messages, I did not receive them in truncated form. Please advise. Thank you.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Message Truncation/More All Function

Hi eviljonny,

Are you on a BES or on BIS? Is this user on a BES or BIS?

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

BES. BES.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm not a BES admin, so just throwing darts in the dark here. Is there a setting on the BES that controls the maximum size of the message that is sent to the BB before the message is truncated?

"Auto More" means that when the user scrolls down towards the bottom of the message, the BB will automatically pull down more of the message. It doesn't affect how much of the message is sent before it is truncated.