Hey guys, I have just received the message with this content Now the message states ... General Blackberry forum

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Message truncated due to size.

Advertisement

Hey guys, I have just received the message with this content
    Now the message states the obvious! I have done a little search and have found no solution. I receive some large attachments, mostly power poin, and need to be able to recieive them. What is the solution for this message and how can I download the attachments send to me through email. I have telus BIS service and running 4.5 on 8330 curve. I have found that older devices did not have this problem, why all of the sudden in todays multimedia enviorment where streaming takes up so much of the data, there are sudden email limitations!?!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    This is to prevent unnecessary bandwith usage when a user may not need to download the message to their device. Some users would see that the message is a Powerpoint or a video and would not want to download it to their device.

This prevents the network from having to send a large amount of data that may or may not be needed. This is typically related to BIS users.

Here is the support information from Blackberry regarding the message:

Maximum email message size using BlackBerry Internet Service

Environment
    • BlackBerry® Internet Service
    • Microsoft® Exchange
    • IBM® Lotus® Domino®
    Details

Email messages received using your BlackBerry Internet Service account may not exceed 8 MB, including attachments, regardless of the size of the mailbox.

Additional Information

This size limit includes overhead created by base64 encoding. After applying base64 encoding, the largest email message that can be sent using your BlackBerry Internet Service account is 5 MB. Exceeding that size makes the email message too large, due to base64 overhead.
    The body will appear as Message truncated due to size when an email message larger than 8 MB is sent to an email address that is associated to the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    For more information about the BlackBerry Internet Service, go to http://www.blackberry.com/support/client/index.shtml.

As you stated, we are in a society of multimedia craziness and because of that, networks are trying to prevent unnecessary uploads/downloads unless the user manually requests the data to the phone.
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 11-09-2008 at 11:50 PM.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    how the hell do I manually request data to the phone?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    A truncated message, I don't believe is an option. The message is too large and the BIS only sends you the header information. When I stated "the user can manually request the data to the phone", I was referring to pictures and such that don't always download.

A truncated message would have to be viewed on a PC.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    [I]This is to prevent unnecessary bandwith usage when a user may not need to download the message to their device
    Kudo's Excellent Post!

sent via BlackBerry