Does anybody use the Memory Up application? I seem to have much more free memory ... General Blackberry forum

pstavs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CAA817

Memory Up

Advertisement

Does anybody use the Memory Up application? I seem to have much more free memory when I view their application than when I look through desktop manager or any other standard BB utility. Does anybody know why that is?

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Re: Memory Up

no jus the 1 built in the bb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I think its a unnecessary MHz hogger in the long run. True it reported my memory was up... but apps seemed to respond sluggishly. Maybe it was inside my head only. Just my stone in the pond. Your mileage may vary.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by pstavs View Post
    Does anybody use the Memory Up application? I seem to have much more free memory when I view their application than when I look through desktop manager or any other standard BB utility. Does anybody know why that is?
    I believe this application shows a false reading regarding the remaining amount of memory. Also when I tried it, my BB actually ran slower. I simply deleted it.

The best way I've found to free up memory is to follow the instructions posted on this site, just do a search. Then I remove the battery for about 30 seconds once a week and end up with plenty of memory.

Also in my particular case I'm using a Curve and have a memory card where all my files are stored, so I have nothing extra on the main built in memory.