Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

On the 4.2 OS, you have to change a setting or something to get the ... General Blackberry forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Advertisement

On the 4.2 OS, you have to change a setting or something to get the memory cleaning option. I found it somewhere on here long time ago. I am running 4.5 now so I have the option automatically.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22 View Post
    On the 4.2 OS, you have to change a setting or something to get the memory cleaning option. I found it somewhere on here long time ago. I am running 4.5 now so I have the option automatically.
    Correct. With 4.2 you had to go to Options>Security Options>General Settings and enable Content Protection. With 4.5, there is now a standalone app for Memory Cleaning which you can enable and disable within the app itself.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    azstar. yes I do have content protection enabled - but my address book is not included (if that makes any difference). I am running 4.5 OS on both BBs now, but I've been using the memory cleaner since I got my 8100 back on OS4.2 and through every upgrade with no problems.

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    jforce1, when you say you have to enable it after reset - what type of reset are you talking about? I have an 8100 and now an 8120 also, and I can do a hard or soft reset and I still have the memory cleaner enabled. It's strange that yours keeps resetting!
    I have to enable it after any reset. Any time my 8100 resets I have to go back into options and enable it again. I think content protection does have something to do with it. Not sure if I want content protection. Does that mean I have to have a password for when its locked?

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Password protection is a different setting than content protection (although they are both found in the same area under security). I've always had password protection and content protection (at strongest level) enabled with no problem so it seems like it must be a glitch with your phone.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think there's a glitch, I think they don't have content protection enabled. If its not enabled then you have to go back and enable the memory cleaner after each reset.

Although that seems to be changed in 4.5 as reported by some posters.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks again everyone in the BB Nation for all the info and responses.

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    Cool. I need enable mine. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123