Hi guys, i wanted to know how to store emails, sms, gallery, etc to a ... General Blackberry forum

firozdungarsi no está en línea Stack level 1

Memory Card

Advertisement

Hi guys,
    i wanted to know how to store emails, sms, gallery, etc to a memory card. i cant find any options withing my handset. im using BB curve 8300

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Sorry but its impossible to do that... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    The only thing that will be able to be stored on your card email wise is if you download attachments like word or excell docs if you have 4.5 os with docs to go. Now there is a little trick around this if you want to save a email to your card and do have docs to go. You can simply copy and paste the content of the email into a word doc and store that on your card. Probley not the answer you was looking for but that is the only work around I know of. Also if you don't want to spend 70 bucks on docs to go so you can create a new word doc from your bb. Just send yourself a email with a blank word doc as a attachment and download it and save it to your card. You can use it as a templet to create a new. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Yeah, the media card is considered an external storage place, only media stuff-pics, vids, ringtones and music can be stored on it-sorry. Hey, welcome to Pinstack!

Quote Originally Posted by firozdungarsi View Post
    Hi guys,
    i wanted to know how to store emails, sms, gallery, etc to a memory card. i cant find any options withing my handset. im using BB curve 8300
    Emails and SMS cannot be moved to the memory card and be used, however the gallery can. You access the card through the Media icon on the desktop and also directly through the Media Manager on DM. Everything is menu driven and fairly simple. There are ways to get other data to the memory card, like messages, etc., however once there they are unuseable so there's no point. Here's an area where the RIM OS can take a lesson from Windows Mobile - allowing users to freely access and use memory card for any memory storage we deem necessary - - i.e. On Window Mobile devices you get to use the memory on the card for nearly anything you want, even installation of applications. It's one area of, fortunately, not many, where BlackBerry needs to catch up . . .
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 10-11-2008 at 12:01 PM.