It appears that there is no way to sort the memopad notes. I can't understand ... General Blackberry forum

baniels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31d2df42

MemoPad - Sorting?

Advertisement

It appears that there is no way to sort the memopad notes. I can't understand why.

It would very useful to me if they could be sorted by date - most recent at the top, instead of only alphabetical.

Anyone else have this opinion, or perhaps know of a way to do this?

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know why they don't have that sort of option available, but I just search within the notes and I always find what I am looking for. Searching for particular words in the note title or in the note won't work for what you need??

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't know of a way to change it, but you could put the date in the title/name of you memo. If you put the date first, it will put them in date order.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    If you use the date in the title it will still be in alphnumeric order. You will have to develop your own naming system to sort the memo pad automatically.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

baniels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31d2df42
    I know I can search - that is how I have to do it now, but it just adds one more step. So does adding a date.

I can live with it - I just wanted to see if there was a solution - I come from the Nokia S60 world where notes were always date-sorted.

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    you can set up catagories and in the memo pad tell it to show only a specific caragory.

you goto menu click filter and just pick what catagory you want to see...

what you can also do is in autotext creat a shortcut, I use "DS" to create a date stamp....start each new memo bu hitting "DS" and then key words and it should sort by the date as mentioned above.

Hope this helps