I have a Nokia from AT&T, and subscribe to Media Works. AT&T and Best Buy ... General Blackberry forum

SirDom no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Works

Advertisement

I have a Nokia from AT&T, and subscribe to Media Works. AT&T and Best Buy sales reps told me the Media Works package will work on a Pearl if I purchase the equipment at the full retail price. On the other hand, Media Works will not work if I choose to use the "equipment upgrade" promotion from the carrier. Has anyone experienced this as well? Did Media Works work on the Pearl when you bought it?

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    media works? i am not following you, is it a prog on your comp or some 3rd party app for your device. who is your carrier? what OS version are you running? these are key

mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that best buy guy LIED or is totally misinformed. Media works will not work with the pearl no matter how much you payed for the phone. Bb MUST have the blackberry data plan in order for you to use data. When you subscribe to the bb data plan, service books are sent to your phone to allow data usage and enable the browser and email functionality. Without those service books, your bb cannot use data

SirDom no está en línea Stack level 1
    virex: media works is a basic data plan offerred by AT&T. I do not know if it's a 3rd party app; I subscribed to the media works package for many years now. That has always been on my other-non-bb phones.

mocmylov: thanks for ur input. (the AT&T rep told me the same thing.) i really do not need UNLIMITED DATA at this time, and i'd rather not pay for something i do not need. i got the pearl in the event that i will use the bb features in the future. thanks again.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    They lied. You don't have to use unlimited data- they have smaller packages.they straight out lied to you...someone wanted a larger comission!!!! Media works is only for sms, mms and video messaging---which you can't even do yet with the bb. I don't even think media works will work on the bb for data!!!! Call customer service and get this crap straightened out! That's wrong what they did to you!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but those smaller packages are a joke. i think verizon offers a 5mb plan for 24.99 and unlimited data for 29.99. lol 5mb!?!? i use that in one day let alone a month