Every time I try starting up the Media Manager software a process called "Agent.exe" shows ... General Blackberry forum

TheDrizzle50 no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Manager Software Help

Every time I try starting up the Media Manager software a process called "Agent.exe" shows up in my task manager. The software remains non-responsive until I end that process. Sometimes the "Please wait while windows sets up Media Manger 9" shows up and I have no idea why, its already installed!

So, what I'd like to know is how to I get rid of this?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Drizzle, did a quick google search for "agent.exe" and here is some explanation as to what it is/does:

agent.exe is also a process from Dell that gives the user an interface to monitor and administer the system. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

agent.exe is also a process associated with the Forte Agent Newsgroup reader, this is a is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

agent.exe is a process belonging to Acronis Disk Management which protects your computer against Internet-bound threats such as spyware and trojans which can be distributed through e-mail or attack directly to the computer allowing unauthorized access to your computer. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

One forum posted the following information and a link to aid in uninstalling/reinstalling the agent:

You might also want to post your question in the MS Windows thread here on the Stacks and see if someone with a little more expertise can be of assistance.