I have looked through the threads and googled, but I appear to be ... General Blackberry forum
Media Library Issues with refresh
I have looked through the threads and googled, but I appear to be having unique issues with my memory card?
I have a Pearl 8110 with 188.8.131.52 OS. And an 8gb memory card.
I have uploded approx 6gb songs - over 2000 with no issues. but I have an observation and an issue
I read several poeple didnt see their media when loading high quantities of music - my Blackberry loads around 90% of all music relativly quickly - 20-30 mins or so. However the remaining 10% takes an age - severall hours befoe is finally arrives. Not an issue in iteslf...
But - whenever my pearl is turned off or connected as a mass storage device or put on standby, the entire music library is deleted and reloaded - with again a significant delay - i dont see much faster load times the second time around?
I have no encryption on, and have formatted the card via the balckberry. does anybody have any ideas?
I am on a corporate network with BES so don't want to upgrade the O/S
We're used to loading 1 to 2gb, maybe 4gb of media on our Blackberry. It's not an issue with the Blackberry, it's an issue with the size of card [and in my opinion the OS]. When we put mass quantities of music on our Devices (especially all at once) we're going to experience a lagtime of those files populating on our devices. It's on the actual card, but we don't see it until it can acknowledge how many files of media you have and finally display it. It's because we're not used to having so many of these files on our devices. Hopefully it's an OS issue and this will be resolved when 4.5 comes out, but until then I'm going through the same things you are. Mine take 15-20 minutes to load stuff but I don't have as much space on my SD taken up as you do
It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!
Hi - yes I know this, but is there a way to stop the Blackberry from refreshing the library every freaking day when it is turned off - I travel frequently and am forced to turn it off when boarding planes etc. And would like to have it automatically turn off every night but have had to turn this off - I lose my music for my journeys to work....
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ as far as when you're boarding planes and what not just turn the wireless network off instead of the actual device.
this way you can listen to the music on the plane and don't have to worry about your signal messing with up the planes equipment.
Hi There - In europe - the hawk eyed Hostesses actually force you to turn off the device during take off and landing...
And this is besides the point - surely I should be able to turn off my BB and not wait an hour before playing music??
Maybe the new O/S is my only hope?
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that's what I'm trying to say. There's no way around it. That's a bummer your hostesses are that anal about it! But hopefully this new os will have this issue corrected
I gave up and did the O/S upgrade to 4.5.....
After i re-inserted the memory, it took significantly less time to find all of the music and playlists - problem is gone.
Actually my 8110 is significantly faster with everything.
Media player is much better as well dedicated on screen buttons for next and previous.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ where did you get 4.5, is it the beta or did it get released under my nose?
They did release an official 4.5 version for the 8110, but not for your 8120 yet, or my 8130.......
Originally Posted by Justyn
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~:angry: dude they're the same thing! A redesigned Pearl! So one does wi fi and the other does GPS. I want 4.5!!! I can't wait any longer!!!
Sorry Guys - the only operator that released the O/S upgrade was Vodafone Germany...
They have never had the 8120 or 8130 on their product portfolio - so no release :-(
Guess you have to wait for another operator....
Couple co-workers have 4.5 on curves,
Tags for this Thread