Hi, Recetly i wiped my handset (Option->security option->General setting Wipe Handheld) and ended up getting ... General Blackberry forum

nsvz no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Issue after Wipe

Advertisement

Hi,

Recetly i wiped my handset (Option->security option->General setting Wipe Handheld) and ended up getting the following msg for my media card (2GB SanDisk).

"A media card has been inserted that contains encrypted content which will be unaccessible by this device.".

Now I am unable to view any of the photo's and the all the files have a ".jpg.rem" extension. Copying these photo's to notebook and removing .rem did not help either

Do i still stand a chance to recover these photo's ?.

-N

acrtkweyeytrwry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206c06c7
    No. When the device was wiped the encryption key used to encrypt the card contents was also erased. the contents of the SD card are non recoverable.

nsvz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by acrtkweyeytrwry View Post
    No. When the device was wiped the encryption key used to encrypt the card contents was also erased. the contents of the SD card are non recoverable.
    After the wipe, i restored back the contents from the previous good backup. (all the dbs). Wouldn't this restore the encryption key too ?