Can anyone please help?! I used this Media Card in my Storm 2, in the ... General Blackberry forum

lindsey_lewin no está en línea Stack level 3

Media Card could not be accessed due to fatal errors?!

Advertisement

Can anyone please help?! I used this Media Card in my Storm 2, in the Curve 8900 before that, and now when I put it into my Bold 9700 it comes up with 'Media Card could not be accessed due to fatal errors'. I've tried to repair the media card, but it says 'Media Card repair failed'. I hoping I don't have to format it, as I have pictures on here that, ideally, I would like to not delete! I've looked at the card, there's no scratches, cracks etc. Help please?!

Thanks in advance.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Lindsey,

Do you have an adapter for the card that you can insert in your PC/laptop?

Or if you connect your device to your PC/laptop in Mass Storage Mode, are you able to read what's on the card?

If you can do one or the other of those, you can drag and drop the stuff off the card into a folder on your PC/laptop, reformat the card then reload it.

Hi,

I tried to open it whilst it was in the blackberry yesterday, but it still wouldn't?! Will have to find the adapter for it somewhere & give that a try?! What a nightmare!!

Thanks for your reply!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Try connecting to the PC via the USB first and see if you can't access them through Windows Explorer. Enable Mass Storage Mode on the device when you connect and then you should see an additional drive on the PC called BlackBerry. Then you can navigate to all the files on the device and drag and drop them into a folder on your PC.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    Your best bet is to find a microsd card adapter, then hook just the card up to the pc. If the phone complains about an error it usually won't let eh pc access it.

Hook it up using an adapter and then run scandisk on it. If your lucky the fat tables can be rebuilt from backup, otherwise format it and try that.

Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a go & keep my fingers crossed!

moembamba no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I had the same issue , when I connected my bb to the PC , I went to the media card and checked for errors .right click on the media card /properties and check disk for errors .

Harsh9780 no está en línea Stack level 1

same issue :(

Did anyone find a solution to this ?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The first and most important thing is to be able to read the card to get the pictures off. If you can get a microsd reader and plug into your PC make sure you can read it ok. Whatever you do, do not format the card, as this will definitely overwrite everything on it, (there are ways of recovering some of the items on the card even after formating but it is far more difficult. If you can read the card on the PC then copy all the items of importance off of it first. If you cannot read the card, there are some PC programs that will attempt to recover the pictures (I have used them and recovered about 50% of the pictures from a card on my DSLR). I am away from my computer with the program that I used, but when I get back I will post it's name.

Once you have recovered the items you can try formatting it on the blackberry. I would however be careful using the card though as it may be that it is too old and needs to be replaced

Harsh9780 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks I'll do the same

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The software I used to recover the pictures was PhotoRescue Advanced http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/ It was expensive $99, but I was trying to recover pictures of wedding which were extremely important. After this I always carry an extra card around with me and replace it regularly just so that I don't loose all the pictures, as I said earlier I was able to recover 50-60% of them. They do have cheaper versions at $29, so you do have to ask yourself how much you need the pictures. There is also a try before you buy.

Another thought, have you tried taken the card out and then re seating it? It may be a poor connection causing the problem, especially if the card has been used successfully in other phones.