OK. Ive had my Sandisk 2GB card now for a couple of weeks. Everything works ... General Blackberry forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Media Card Abnormalities

Advertisement

OK. Ive had my Sandisk 2GB card now for a couple of weeks. Everything works fine. With all my pics and music I have about 1.4 gigs of free memory left. I download 3 -45 minute Tv shows, and check my memory, and it says I have 1.7 Gb free space. How the heck do you gain memory by putting more stuff on the card? Did hard reset, still says 1.7. I can delete the shows and it will go back to 1.3 or 1.4 gigs. Any explanations?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just a thought, but could it be saying 1.7MB free? 3-45min shows is alot of memory.

PIN/ID
    nada
    yeah, it is saying 1.7Gb free after I downloaded 3 shows. before I downloaded the 3 shows, it only had 1.3 or 1.4 GB free. This is a new one on me

PIN/ID
    nada
    I went and checked just to be sure, it is saying 1.7GB not MB. On a 2GB card you could probably get 15 one hour shows. Like I said, if I erase the 3 shows, it goes back to 1.3 or 1.4Gb.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok i am think your getting confused with "used" memory and "free" memory. when the card is saying 1.7gb it seems as if that is what has been used so far of the 2 gb. and then when you delete them and it goes to 1.3 or 1.4 then that is what has been used with the videos deleted. i think you just had it backwards

PIN/ID
    nada
    no. when I had 3 episodes of CSI and one episode of Pinks, it said 1.7 GB FREE space, not space used. options>media card>bottom> Total space:1.8GB Free space :1.7GB Thats why I posted, I know it sounds crazy but that is what is happening. I deleted the Episode of Pinks, now its down to where it should be at 1.1 GB free space. Im not reading it wrong, but thanks, must be a quirk in my phone.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    sounds like the OS might not conditioned to read the card right. hmmm it does sound quirky

PIN/ID
    nada
    the OS is fine, I had a 1GB card for 3 months-no problems. This really isnt a problem, everything works like it should. I just thought it was strange. Thanks for chiming in anyway.