Trying to get my blackberry (Curve 8310) to store data files. I understand that I ... General Blackberry forum

Zixblade no está en línea Stack level 1

Mass Storage on Blackberry

Advertisement

Trying to get my blackberry (Curve 8310) to store data files. I understand that I have to somehow activate mass storage, which I can't seem to locate anywhere. I also understand that I need to install the appropriate windows drivers in order to manage media files via windows. I have installed these drivers.

When I connect my BB via USB Windows recognizes that a new usb connection has been made (it sees it as a generic mass storage device).

I found some other threads relating to this and tried a few of the solutions. Still struggling with getting this to work.

Any advice?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Options,memory,BB button, enable mass storage

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Zix, do you have a media card in your device?

@BHP77 Yes. I have seen that solution in many threads. I do not seem to have an Options option.

@ RogerG No idea. Under the battery there are two "card ports" (for lack of a better term). The larger one contains a card and the is smaller one is empty. There is some sort of storage as I'm able to store pics, etc.

Thanks for the replies.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The smaller one is for your media card(SD card). That mean that your pc is picking up your bb on board storage. What you need is a sd card. I don't have a 83xx in front of me right now. Since your pc is picking up your bb you should be able to drag and drop the file you want into your bb.

Ok, the card makes sense.

But Windows is still not quite seeing the BB device correctly. When I physically connect it via USB Windows picks up a new USB device and assigns it a drive letter (happens to be E: on this machine). When I try to browse that drive I get a "please insert a disk into drive E:" message.

Should I be able to browse the drive?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You'll need the media card, which will then allow you to enable mass storage mode on the device. Then you'll be able to browse it as an external drive.

Yeah. Put a card in and everything worked fine. Funny that the 25 or so posts I read about this never mentioned the card.

Anyway...thanks for the assists guys!

scrabyk no está en línea Stack level 1
    same thing with my bb bold, it neva seems to be recognised as a storage device also same goes to the bluetooth...theres connectivity but it can't seem to trnsfer files...pls any help?

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by scrabyk View Post
    same thing with my bb bold, it neva seems to be recognised as a storage device also same goes to the bluetooth...theres connectivity but it can't seem to trnsfer files...pls any help?
    Make sure you enable mass storage mode BEFORE you plug a cable into your BB.