Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

I've seen so many posts from people who only use their device for data, which ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #1
    BBwannabe's Avatar
    BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    94

    So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Advertisement



    I've seen so many posts from people who only use their device for data, which I don't understand. I have the 8703e on Verizon, not only is it a fantastic PDA, it is easily the best cellphone I've ever used. The calling features are great, the sound is fantastic, and even it's form factor is comfortable for talking.

    So...what's the deal? Why no love for the phone capabilities?

  2. #2
    HeyMrRadio's Avatar
    HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Some people actually need to be contacted on the fly. When on a long phone call, some 25+ emails can be missed. Other just like the features of the berry and would like to have the form factor of a cell phone as well. i hate to keep bringing it up, but I work in radio and my program directors need multiple forms of communication. Diddy has 3 cell phones (berry included) and other celebs have a berry, sidekick, and a cell phone to seperate groupies, family, and business...

  3. #3
    lespaulrckr's Avatar
    lespaulrckr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~funny you say that, I just picked up my 8703e from verizon and the background noise on a call is much worse than what it was on my old samsung i730. Also, it seems like there is something missing in the callers voice like the frequency response is reduced or something. Other than that I like my new bb.

  4. #4
    BBwannabe's Avatar
    BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Some people actually need to be contacted on the fly. When on a long phone call, some 25+ emails can be missed. Other just like the features of the berry and would like to have the form factor of a cell phone as well. i hate to keep bringing it up, but I work in radio and my program directors need multiple forms of communication. Diddy has 3 cell phones (berry included) and other celebs have a berry, sidekick, and a cell phone to seperate groupies, family, and business...
    If you can tab out an email on your BB while shouldering a cell phone during a phone conversation - kudos. I don't have the motor skills necessary. I'd probably drop them both.

  5. #5
    BBwannabe's Avatar
    BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Quote Originally Posted by lespaulrckr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~funny you say that, I just picked up my 8703e from verizon and the background noise on a call is much worse than what it was on my old samsung i730. Also, it seems like there is something missing in the callers voice like the frequency response is reduced or something. Other than that I like my new bb.
    Hmm, yeah - mine sounds great. Perhaps the coverage in my area is better?

  6. #6
    bgrainger's Avatar
    bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    40

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Most people that would have a cell and a berry would have a head set so doing email while on a call would be no problem.

    Heck this post is from me on the exercise bike.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  7. #7
    BBwannabe's Avatar
    BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Quote Originally Posted by bgrainger
    Most people that would have a cell and a berry would have a head set so doing email while on a call would be no problem.

    Heck this post is from me on the exercise bike.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    But if you're using a headset, why would you need another phone? Couldn't you do the same with a headset connected to your berry?

  8. #8
    Einherjer's Avatar
    Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    842

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Just like some don't understand how some use their BB as a phone only lol

  9. #9
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    The answer is that different people have different needs and wants. Some people like other phones better than their BB's for voice calls. Some people don't like the way it looks when they talk into their BB's (I personally don't understand this one). Some people find the BB awkward to handle. Some people have entirely different reasons that have not yet been listed. Does this really bother you that much? For me, the decisions of others is pretty much irrelevant...

    Personally, one of the reasons I originally bought a Blackberry was to consolidate my devices and address books but as always YMMV.
    Last edited by takeshi; 04-05-2007 at 01:19 PM.

  10. #10
    UserInVa's Avatar
    UserInVa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    When there is a BB with a full QWERTY keyboard AND a camera AND Verizon offers it....I'm there. Until then, I love my camera phone too much to give it up. Never thought much of them until I got one, they are just too much fun.

  11. #11
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use mine as both currently because I have gone back to college and needed a way to reach my parents for a ride home early if needed. But before that, my mom could never understand why I only used data not voice. That's because I hardly talk on the phone as much as I used to.

  12. #12
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I can answer your question, takeshi. I have a 7730 which I no longer use. It felt like a brick to hold it to the side of my head. I did that before I added minutes to my plan and was so happy I didn't. On the other hand with my 7100s and my Pearl, I have no problem at all. It is all user preference.

  13. #13
    BBwannabe's Avatar
    BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Does this really bother you that much? For me, the decisions of others is pretty much irrelevant...
    It's called "curiosity". You know - the same thing that led you to click on this thread in the first place. It's why God invented question marks.

  14. #14
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    But if you're using a headset, why would you need another phone? Couldn't you do the same with a headset connected to your berry?
    unfortunately no, the BB cannot send or receive email while in a phone call
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

  15. #15
    BBwannabe's Avatar
    BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    unfortunately no, the BB cannot send or receive email while in a phone call
    Really? I didn't know that. Very surprising.

    See, Takeshi? That's why you start a thread like this - to learn something new.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •