Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I've seen so many posts from people who only use their device for data, which ... General Blackberry forum

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

Advertisement

I've seen so many posts from people who only use their device for data, which I don't understand. I have the 8703e on Verizon, not only is it a fantastic PDA, it is easily the best cellphone I've ever used. The calling features are great, the sound is fantastic, and even it's form factor is comfortable for talking.

So...what's the deal? Why no love for the phone capabilities?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: So many don't use their BB as their phone, I don't get it

Some people actually need to be contacted on the fly. When on a long phone call, some 25+ emails can be missed. Other just like the features of the berry and would like to have the form factor of a cell phone as well. i hate to keep bringing it up, but I work in radio and my program directors need multiple forms of communication. Diddy has 3 cell phones (berry included) and other celebs have a berry, sidekick, and a cell phone to seperate groupies, family, and business...

lespaulrckr no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~funny you say that, I just picked up my 8703e from verizon and the background noise on a call is much worse than what it was on my old samsung i730. Also, it seems like there is something missing in the callers voice like the frequency response is reduced or something. Other than that I like my new bb.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Some people actually need to be contacted on the fly. When on a long phone call, some 25+ emails can be missed. Other just like the features of the berry and would like to have the form factor of a cell phone as well. i hate to keep bringing it up, but I work in radio and my program directors need multiple forms of communication. Diddy has 3 cell phones (berry included) and other celebs have a berry, sidekick, and a cell phone to seperate groupies, family, and business...
    If you can tab out an email on your BB while shouldering a cell phone during a phone conversation - kudos. I don't have the motor skills necessary. I'd probably drop them both.

Quote Originally Posted by lespaulrckr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~funny you say that, I just picked up my 8703e from verizon and the background noise on a call is much worse than what it was on my old samsung i730. Also, it seems like there is something missing in the callers voice like the frequency response is reduced or something. Other than that I like my new bb.
    Hmm, yeah - mine sounds great. Perhaps the coverage in my area is better?

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

Most people that would have a cell and a berry would have a head set so doing email while on a call would be no problem.

Heck this post is from me on the exercise bike.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by bgrainger
    Most people that would have a cell and a berry would have a head set so doing email while on a call would be no problem.

Heck this post is from me on the exercise bike.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    But if you're using a headset, why would you need another phone? Couldn't you do the same with a headset connected to your berry?

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Just like some don't understand how some use their BB as a phone only lol

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The answer is that different people have different needs and wants. Some people like other phones better than their BB's for voice calls. Some people don't like the way it looks when they talk into their BB's (I personally don't understand this one). Some people find the BB awkward to handle. Some people have entirely different reasons that have not yet been listed. Does this really bother you that much? For me, the decisions of others is pretty much irrelevant...

Personally, one of the reasons I originally bought a Blackberry was to consolidate my devices and address books but as always YMMV.
    Last edited by takeshi; 04-05-2007 at 01:19 PM.

UserInVa no está en línea Stack level 1

When there is a BB with a full QWERTY keyboard AND a camera AND Verizon offers it....I'm there. Until then, I love my camera phone too much to give it up. Never thought much of them until I got one, they are just too much fun.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use mine as both currently because I have gone back to college and needed a way to reach my parents for a ride home early if needed. But before that, my mom could never understand why I only used data not voice. That's because I hardly talk on the phone as much as I used to.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I can answer your question, takeshi. I have a 7730 which I no longer use. It felt like a brick to hold it to the side of my head. I did that before I added minutes to my plan and was so happy I didn't. On the other hand with my 7100s and my Pearl, I have no problem at all. It is all user preference.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Does this really bother you that much? For me, the decisions of others is pretty much irrelevant...
    It's called "curiosity". You know - the same thing that led you to click on this thread in the first place. It's why God invented question marks.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    But if you're using a headset, why would you need another phone? Couldn't you do the same with a headset connected to your berry?
    unfortunately no, the BB cannot send or receive email while in a phone call
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    unfortunately no, the BB cannot send or receive email while in a phone call
    Really? I didn't know that. Very surprising.

See, Takeshi? That's why you start a thread like this - to learn something new.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast