So I'm sure all of you have heard of Zagg right? The invisible shield? They ... General Blackberry forum

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Make shift screen protector....

Advertisement

So I'm sure all of you have heard of Zagg right? The invisible shield?
    They say that their screen protectors are made from the clear abrasion tape that the military puts on the leading edge of helicopter blades. Pretty cool huh?

Well I happen to work at an airport. And that got me to thinking. Our mechanics use similar stuff on the prop of a Saab 340 aircraft. So..... maybe I should try it out I thought. I had a mechanic cut me about a foot of the tape. I brought it home cut out a square the size of my screen. Placed it on there gently and squeegeed it as i peeled the back paper off.

Definitley very protective. The stuff is durable. But the only thing is that its not the clearest stuff in the world. I can still see the screen just fine, can read everything clearly. But... it just kinda makes the screen look as if it were a little dirty. Which it is not. But hey, it will work for now and most importantly its protecting my screen nicely. Maybe one day I'll break down and buy the Zagg.

Just a little blurb I thought i'd share.
    Last edited by grymtyrant@msn.; 10-02-2008 at 02:43 AM.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    my question is will the removal be clean? if it ever needs to be removed that is...

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tested it out a little. I stuck it to similar material as my screen let it sit for a while. Even squeegeed it on there nice and hard. A little hard to peel of right away but once I got a corner it came off nicely. Didn't really leave any marks or residue. But I guess time can be a factor. I'm sure if it does leave more residue on the screen a little cleaning won't be too hard.
    Last edited by grymtyrant@msn.; 10-02-2008 at 02:55 AM.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    whew scared me... only kidding. But yet another way to protect our bb!!!