Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok so i got my pearl 8100 and it was after the first time i ... General Blackberry forum

dj56 no está en línea Stack level 2

Major Help Please

Advertisement

ok so i got my pearl 8100 and it was after the first time i plugged it into my computer and it wont play any of the preloaded songs or display the preloaded pics and when i click the help button on the BB i get an error message, i downloaded the application with the media thing and saved it to my desktop and it got done downloading and unzipped and all that then restarted my CPU and plugged my phone in and still the help button and all the preloaded songs and pics stil give me an error message and on the desktop manager when i click the application loader i cannot even click the next button because it says"the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. contact you wireless service provider ot system administrator" this is buggin me like crazy can any one help me like step by step cuz i must be retarded cuz i connot figure this out?? Thanks

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Major Help Please

yea i did those i dont know if i did them correct the part i didnt understand is "2. Download and install your current OS. If you're upgrading and the OS isn't from your vendor you need to delete the vendor.xml file." i detleted the cendor.xml i did that but what does it mean by download and install your current OS i dont understand that really

jaythestar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

what exactly are u trying to do? are u trying to upgrade your OS (operating system) or just load songs and such on ur phone? there may be something wrong with the DM (desktop manager) u can download it from the blackberry.com website also click on options, connections and see if the DM is recognizing your pin number...

im trying to upgrade my OS i called AT&T they gave me the service pack 2 to download and i think it was because last time i clicked save instead of run he told me just to plug in my phone to my cpu and then click run and now it is downloading then he said turn off my phone then turn it back on and it should be good. Hophfully

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by dj56
    yea i did those i dont know if i did them correct the part i didnt understand is "2. Download and install your current OS. If you're upgrading and the OS isn't from your vendor you need to delete the vendor.xml file." i detleted the cendor.xml i did that but what does it mean by download and install your current OS i dont understand that really
    Well to make it a little more clear, you have two packages that you need to install.
    1. The Desktop Manager program
    2. The Device Operating system

You can find the Desktop Manager Program on Blackberry.com, but i think you already have it.
    The Desktop manager program will be a file named something like
    BlackBerry_Desktop_Software_v4.2_Service_Pack_1__( English).exe

The OS can either be downloaded from your provider or you can pick any OS for your model phone from another provider.
    The Device Operating System will be a file named something like
    8300CJK_PBr4.2.2_rel222_PL2.4.0.53_A4.2.2.114_Optu s.exe

After you have these 2 files, you must run the Device Manager program and install it.
    Then double-click and run the Device Operating System and install it.
    When this is done, uncheck the box for start desktop manager, we don't want to run that yet.

When you are done with those two steps, you should be able to find this folder on your computer, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    in there, delete your vendor.xml file.

Now, plug in your phone and start the desktop manager program. You should be greeted with a screen that says you need to update your device software, if you don't see that try running the Application Manager (1st icon), that may make the computer interact with the phone and recognize that an upgrade needs to be made.

Hope this helps

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

what OS are u trying to install? Im pretty sure there is more to it then just pluggin ur phone in...Honestly when I have problems with my BB I cone here. I went to At and t once and got the run around.

i am downloadind service pack 4.2 so after that gets down downloading then what should i do??

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

follow DCookstas directions...

PIN/ID
    312C4157

i am downloadind service pack 4.2 so after that gets down downloading then what should i do??
    Service Pack 2 must be referring to the Desktop Manager Program. After that, you need the Operating System for the phone. If you don't have that file yet, you must go here and download one for your phone. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...oad_sites.html

For example, You can go
    Here ATT https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    Or
    Here Vodaphone UK https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F
    or anywhere that has an OS for your model phone. Once you download and install that file, delete the vendor.xml file and try to plug in your phone and run the desktop manager program.

so just downloading service pack 2 wont fix it right i am still not seeing the 2nd thing i need to download?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

click the link above....where Dcooksta typed you can go here...

but those are just the service packs that i am downloading now

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

but those are just the service packs that i am downloading now
    Read this post and follow the directions. If you have any problems, my email link is in my signature.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

thank u russ....ooh rah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast