Sometimes, I would stop receiving mail on my blackberry ...for no reason (settings are ok ... General Blackberry forum

aromes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30015E2C

Question mail would stop forwarded to a blackberry for no reason

Advertisement

Sometimes, I would stop receiving mail on my
    blackberry ...for no reason (settings are ok on the Blackberry,
    as well as on the computer, as well as on my Enterprise Blackberry server).
    Then, I do a manual encryption key generation (in the Blackberry Desktop Manager) and all of a sudden, the Blackberry receives mail.
    And sometimes, the encryption key gen wont work...and the mail will be received to my blackberry after forcing a mail envoy from the Blackberry itself...to the Blackberry.
    I am used to Blackberry, but this one really lost me since all settings are ok:
    -Mail redirection correctly enabled from the MS Exchange server to the Blackberry through our Blackberry Enterprise server.
    -Wireless Mail redirection correctly set in the Blackberry desktop manager settings
    -The blackberry enterprise server works fine since other users are able to receive their mail trough it while my problem occur.

What adds to the confusion is the fact that I would receive mail on the Blackberry..and all of a sudden, the mail continues to arrive at my MS Exchange server but would never go to the Blackberry

On a Blackberry 7290 V4.0.2.49 (platform 1.8.0.142)

Thanks for helping

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Re: mail would stop forwarded to a blackberry for no reason

I've never used an enterprise server with my BB; but I did have a problem before with my pop3 account.

Apperently my computer was setup within outlook to download messages and delete them from the server; so my computer was getting and deleting the messages off the server before the blackberry had a chance to get them.

Now I have the computer setup to leave the messages on the pop3 server and it works fine; both the computer and the blackberry get the messages; and both the bb and computer are setup to delete messages off the server once I empty the trash; or selecting delete from mailbox & handheld on the blackberry.

Not sure if thats going to help you any; as I didn't really understand what you all meant seeing that I never used an enterprise server... but that may be an issue; that your desktop gets it first and deletes it off the server before your blackberry has a chance to get to the mail.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

Make sure you disable desktop redirect in you are syncing email via BES OTA also from your Blackberry Desktop Manager make sure the option to send mail to Blackberry while plugged in to PC is set to yes. Also check your sync rules etc.

GL!

Thea1981 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Yea that happened to me, with my aol email account, so i deleted the old one on my phone and re-registered the email on my bb and i get email from my aol acct now again

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Thea1981
    Yea that happened to me, with my aol email account, so i deleted the old one on my phone and re-registered the email on my bb and i get email from my aol acct now again

quick thinking.

(test message after update)

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

When in doubt delete and try again
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr