Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I spent a long time working with AT&T...I didn't go to the store, just called. ... General Blackberry forum

jjasonwwhite no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Mail Connector no longer supported by Blackberry

Advertisement

I spent a long time working with AT&T...I didn't go to the store, just called. I talked with one person who wasn't very helpful at all but then I called back and the second guy seemed to take an interest. I was on the phone with him going back and forth for nearly 30 minutes. At the end of the day he basically said that they understand the predicament but that they aren't contractually bound to the mail connector service and so there wasn't much that they could do. They did offer to knock 50% off of the $175 "contract break" fee out of courtesy but said that the BES service wasn't negotiable. I also was under the impression that there was a $30 difference between my BIS service and the BES service but it's apparently only $15.

(And yes I do realize that I'm whining over a paltry $15 but it's the principal of the matter at this point!)

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Mail Connector no longer supported by Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by jjasonwwhite View Post
    I spent a long time working with AT&T...I didn't go to the store, just called. I talked with one person who wasn't very helpful at all but then I called back and the second guy seemed to take an interest. I was on the phone with him going back and forth for nearly 30 minutes. At the end of the day he basically said that they understand the predicament but that they aren't contractually bound to the mail connector service and so there wasn't much that they could do. They did offer to knock 50% off of the $175 "contract break" fee out of courtesy but said that the BES service wasn't negotiable. I also was under the impression that there was a $30 difference between my BIS service and the BES service but it's apparently only $15.

(And yes I do realize that I'm whining over a paltry $15 but it's the principal of the matter at this point!)
    But will BES even work for you? The whole reason I needed Mail Connector in the first place was because my employer does not support BES on their mail servers. If your employer is not running BlackBerry Enterprise Services on their servers, you won't get mail pushed to your BB.

I was actually considering switching to something like the latest version of the moto blackjack because it supports Microsoft's push service...which I still don't know for a fact is supported by my employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12