I was looking around for a friend that was having trouble finding software to get ... General Blackberry forum

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Mac users wanted:

Advertisement

I was looking around for a friend that was having trouble finding software to get ringers onto his 8800. He needs wav format and has mp3. I found this site: http://media-convert.com. Now, I don't know ANYTHING about it except for what it said on the main page, so I make no claims about the site, I was just hoping somone could let me know if it works or not before I pass it along.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

JoshKingston no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Mac users wanted:

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Use audacity

Its a free multi track recorder and audio editor that will convert to MP3 or wav or aiff or ogg.
    Its pretty good

PIN/ID
    OICU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have audacity and use audacity. Is audacity Mac compatible? This is for a Mac user, hence the title.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~bump. Still looking for a Mac user to tell me if this site works via Mac. I converted an MP3 to wav with it without a hitch, so I'm guessing it'd work via Mac, but as little as I know about Macs, I didn't want to assume. Thanks for your help.

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

I don't have a BB 8800 but I do have an 8100 and I would assume, yes I know what assume does, they work the same or similar. First it would be helpful to know what verion of the Mac OS he has. I will assume again that he has Mac OS X. From reading your post it sounds like he has a two fold problem.
    1. He needs to convert the file from an MP3 to a WAV. Why does he need WAV? My 8100 uses MP3 as a ringer so the 8800 should.
    2. He need to transfer the file from his Mac to the phone.

Well, the first part is to find, if he doesn't already have one, an MP3 to WAV converter. He should be able to find one from here http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/ . BTW this is a great site to find just about any Mac software.

Next he needs to transfer the file to his blackberry. The easiest way is to put his phone into mass storage mode (This option requires a memory card). Then he can transfer the files to his phone with his Mac using the desktop icon for his phone.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by erick; 10-22-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Audacity has a Mac OS X version. It says so right under the downloads page if you would have looked. :P http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

I use it.