I found this Microsoft blog post on MSDN and though you might get a kick ... General Blackberry forum

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

M$ blog thinks RIM is laughable..

Advertisement

I found this Microsoft blog post on MSDN and though you might get a kick out of this.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/devmktg/archiv...pin-on-it.aspx
    What are your thoughts on M$'s latest attempts to discredit RIM?...

I thought this is great, M$ knocking the Canadians:

Company - When I read "RIM - The Company , the Heritage" I could not help but laugh. It is obvious RIM hired some Madison Avenue (or whatever street ad agencies are in Canada) agency to come up with this.

And this quote is great too:
    The first thing you learn when marketing to Developers or IT Professionals is that you can't market to them. The hate FUD, marketing spin and anything that comes from an ad agency.

Especially since the link is from http://blogs.msdn.com/devmktg < development marketing!
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 12-09-2007 at 08:47 PM.

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

Re: M$ blog thinks RIM is laughable..

very interesting read.
    thank you

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

they can hate if they want to, but theyd be wasting their time.

thanks for the read

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Pretty much, I've used Windows mobile and I'm a Windows expert, it's even setup in one of my friends cars. The thing is not on my phone ever it's just so not a good experience from what I've gotten. Except MS word that was pretty awesome.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~too funny!

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

With useing windowsmobile for over a year there really not much of a difference in the way you can use the device. If you like to mod the phone a lot winmo is your thing but if you need a sterdy devices bb is the best.In my case with haveing sprint as my carrier they don't offer much. The mogul is a joke and so is the touch.With wanting gps without a bt reciver I siwched to the 8830. But if there was a sprint kasier I would be all over that.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Iv used a couple winmo devices myself and though I don't share most of the horror stories many do I have discovered that my blackberry does something my ipaqs and everything else never did: they just simply worked.

My ipaq is sitting in a desk somewhere because it would frequently get so low on memory it would lock up...who wants to close programs twice?

My blackberry does what ever I ask it to do when ever I ask it to be done...plus its survived several nasty falls that I know no winmo device would have.

MS just wants to complain about RIM cause they can't beat em and hopefully won't buy em

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

This is a good read.

Not once does he mention "reliable" in his blog.

"Hello. I am Gerardo Dada, formerly responsible for Developer Marketing at Microsoft (hence the blog name), now doing Windows Mobile Marketing with our OEM and mobile operator carriers.
    Even though I work in marketing for Microsoft, this blog represents my personal opinion which is may not be an accurate reflection the views of my employer, my management or my co-workers. All postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights."

As we can see his OPINION is quite bias. I find it funny.

aimkeren no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yes its a very bias opinion,I have htc using windows mobile, well I like it, but not as much I love my BB . Mainly because for me touch screen more troublesome , because I need to use both hand.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Priceless comments in there:

"how can adding a single point of failure and sending all my email to Canada and back can be faster or more reliable than sending it directly from the server to the phone?"

I guess he doesn't use a BB then? ;-)

What's curious is that the author says RIM "went from marketing spin to FUD and Lies." Hmm... "Gerardo Dada, formerly responsible for Developer Marketing at Microsoft". I rest my case.