Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My girlfriend thinks I love my BB more then her. She doesn't understand that it ... General Blackberry forum

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

love the BB more then my gf?

Advertisement

My girlfriend thinks I love my BB more then her. She doesn't understand that it is my line connection to work at all times and it is highly addictive. She has no use or understanding of any type of mobile gadgets other then her phone. I'm thinking I should trade her in for another addict. Anyone else have this issue with a significant other?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: love the BB more then my gf?

I hear you !!!!
    My gf says that all the time too but I told her it was not that important for me and stopped hugging it :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    23E3505B

I tried that, she just said I was lying, unfortunately I couldn't put it down at the time. I was trying to pull some info on a house to send to an agent and she used the fact I was working outside of the office as a point in technology being bad. I tried to explain to her that without it I would be driving to/sitting in the office instead of on the couch. I don't think I hug it more then her yet, so that may not help, but I guess I can stop saying I love you everytime I accomplish something important without going to the office.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Yeah that might not be helping lol try saying it to her that you love her too :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am constantly accused of txt other men, usually when I'm just browsing/responding the stacks. I'm also manage several unix servers which snd sms msgs to my BB anytime there is a problem which means middle of the night...looks bad. He would probably understand if he had a data plan 4 his BB instead of carrying just 2 say I have 1 too. Lol

PIN/ID
    23E3505B

Hey, I'm not that insensitive. I tell her I love her too, just not when the BB is around, lol. Fortunately for me everyone's done working for the day around 8pm latest.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yep...im on the flip side to this one and i even bought him a pearl so that he might understand and fall to the peer pressures of bb addictions...but, he hasn't...yet

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Well, do you really need to be THAT connected to your work all the time 24/7? Do you really neded your email in real time?

I run my own business and I do not see the need to be that connected at all. One needs some down time and time away, otherwise you will get so burned out so fast. And your personal life will suffer.

Give it up for a few hours. You might find you can live without it. What did you during the outage? Suffer from withdrawal, or did life go on?

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha I'm lucky cause my bf doesn't care about technology schmology! lol I tried giving him one so we can txt each other and email each other and whatnot but he didn't want it haha he said he just wants a phone not a SMARTphone. Hehe recently I told him he could really use a bb since he checks his email like every morning and throughout the day. But yeah.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Well, do you really need to be THAT connected to your work all the time 24/7? Do you really neded your email in real time?

I run my own business and I do not see the need to be that connected at all. One needs some down time and time away, otherwise you will get so burned out so fast. And your personal life will suffer.

Give it up for a few hours. You might find you can live without it. What did you during the outage? Suffer from withdrawal, or did life go on?
    i just fed my addiction with pinstack during the outage

PIN/ID
    23E3505B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was only out for about an hour and half and had to stop constantly at libraries while driving to handle things.

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

I believe I'm starting to fall victim to that also! But it's my wife! Uh-Oh...better stay off the BB when she's around!!

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, I get accused off this all the time but not yet on my BB. My wife still doesn't understand that since I was a kid I've been working and playing on electronics, its become who I am. It's hard for her to understand but at the same time I have to keep myself in check.

If you really look at it, are you in fact neglecting the people you care for the most? I've found that most of the time that I answer no to that question I am just being selfish. Its a simple question of what is most important to you and unfortunately none of us can answer that for you.
    Hope this helps!

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

I think it depends on what your doing on it and where your going, if your on our Cherry BlackBerry site, well your just taking your life in your hands.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Yeah my wife says i love that "thing" more than I do her. I just smile, but truth is my BB comes in a close second place.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 05-12-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast