Hi, I've recently been getting lots of junk mail on my blackberry. Whats ridiculous is ... General Blackberry forum

nmirza no está en línea Stack level 1

lots of junk mail on blackberry!?!?

Advertisement

Hi,
    I've recently been getting lots of junk mail on my blackberry. Whats ridiculous is that i check the sent to address and its sent directly to my XXXXX@rogers.blackberry.net email address!! this is odd, because i've never given out that email address to anyone.

It's gotten to the point of being very irritating as my phone will be getting this junk mail at 3 or 4 am sometimes. i'm sure theres really no way to block them since they all come from diferent addresses everytime. but i would like to know how and why this is happening?? how did these spammers get access to a whole directory of blackberry email addresses. what, if anything, can i do to stop this.

any help or words of consolation would help.

p.s. i was reading some other threads and it seems i have a similar problem althoguh that issue was not addressed. i have my work account and gmail synced to my blakcberry. i dont rememebr an incident of getting a single spam mail on my work account rpeviosuly, and gmail neither but im sure 1 or 2 might have gotten thrguh. since i've synced up my blackberry, is when i started noticing getting spam on my work account, gmail and blakcberry, and alot of times i'll get the same email, once sent to my work address, another sent to my @rogers.blackberry.net email account. very bloody wierd.
    Last edited by nmirza; 04-20-2007 at 05:54 PM.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Re: lots of junk mail on blackberry!?!?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Wow. That's strange. I never had a problem with getting spam on my bb email account. Are they coming from the same company? Maybe you can set up some kind of filter. :????:

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2

Try this program: www.antair.com

Antair BlackBerry Spam Filter
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

read the guide to avoid spam. so basically i'm guessing the only reason i'm getting spammed is because my email address before the @ sign is possibly easy for a bot to guess and this is just me being blindly spammed from some unknown sourse.

as i mentioned, the emails are addressed directly to my @rogers.blackberry.net email which i have NEVER given out anywhere.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i get spam on my Cingular BB email addy maybe once a day if that. Some dumb stock email.... I guess i am lucky compared to some...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

over the weekend i got ATLEAST 10-15 junk emails. ATLEAST. i was getting like 1-2 an hour easy for the most part of the day

and i cant shut off my bb at night because i'm always getting legit emails too throughout the day and it sux to wake up at 3 am with some email for some bs stock or attrim energy or some fat loss crap.