I lost it last night and I have no clue where it is. The reason ... General Blackberry forum

st0rmy no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost My Phone!!

Advertisement

I lost it last night and I have no clue where it is. The reason im posting this is i was thinking that since there is a built in GPS system in the blackberry curve 8320 isnt possible for google maps or tmobile to locate where my phone is? I mean it only makes sense... right? If you have any information on how to do this please let me know, thanks.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The 8320 is actually assisted GPS. Meaning that you have to use it with a GPS puck or navigation system (I THINK).

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    8320 was built in wifi, no gps.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the correction.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Sorry stormy, the 8320 doesn't have GPS. Also you wouldn't be able to find it even if it did. Unless you had an application that actually tracked your GPS BB.

You're kinda out of luck on this one. Best thing to do is cross your fingers and hope someone answers and returns it to you.

There are a few applications that help you locate lost blackberrys. I'm not sure if it's worth it. Depends on your opinion.

My way to deal with this situation is to enable security and Under the Options>Owner I put my name and then Under the information I put:

Reward if found
    If found please call
    (xxx) xxx-xxx
    Password protected

So it's at least some way to get it back. So when it's locked it has that splash screen when they try to access it.

Hope this helps a bit.

iridius no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just keep calling it, I lost mine in a Philadelphia train last month and kept calling and a SEPTA (Philly's transportation company) worker answered and returned it. So there's hope.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by iridius View Post
    Just keep calling it, I lost mine in a Philadelphia train last month and kept calling and a SEPTA (Philly's transportation company) worker answered and returned it. So there's hope.
    very good point and good idea, BUT-what if someone found it and you didnt call your carrier and report it as stolen and have it deactivated and the person that found it was having hour long chats with some of his buddies in Nepal, might end up with a hefty phone bill

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So sorry to hear about your phone,
    Call your provider right now and report it stolen, Very important. It still could turn up but at least you'd be protected against huge bills. There are still honest people out there.