Last night I downgraded the OS from 4.5.0.37 to 4.2 because the camera wasn't working. ... General Blackberry forum

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B

Lost Contacts

Advertisement

Last night I downgraded the OS from 4.5.0.37 to 4.2 because the camera wasn't working. I used Desktop manager 4.5. When the downgrade was finished everything was restored except for her contacts. Now she never ran a sync and has no backup. I should have asked her if she ran a sync but just went ahead figuring that she did. Anyhow, is there a way for me to find the backup file that Desktop Manager creates and reload it? Will the lost contacts be in that file? Is there somewhere on the PC that I can find the contacts that she had before I did the downgrade.

oops

Mike

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Mike,

If you connect to the DM and follow the directions for a restore, it should guide you to the location of the backup file if a back up was indeed performed.

Otherwise, does she use Outlook and have her contacts there or did she manually enter the contacts on the phone? If she uses Outlook, just connect the device with DM and set up the sync with Outlook to restore the contacts.

Roger

mike t no está en línea Stack level 1
    the restore button on DM was grayed out. I never backed up anything I manually entered the numbers... everything else was restored except for the numbers.... why, why, why????!!!!!!
    Gigi...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm afraid then that you'll have to re-enter them manually again.

Always, ALWAYS do a back up whenever you're dealing with the Desktop Manager.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It might be overkill, but I do a backup at least three times a week. I would rather have a couple uneeded backup files that I can delete rather than lose valueable data...