Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If you enter your password wrong 10 times, it nukes the personal settings, but the ... General Blackberry forum

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Lost Blackberry or forget your password.

Advertisement

If you enter your password wrong 10 times, it nukes the personal settings, but the whole OS?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    If you enter your password wrong 10 times, it nukes the personal settings, but the whole OS?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just the personal settings

rjedward no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thanks again, Mark.
    It was the SIM card screen. I got past the original problem, the keyboard lockout... sort of. I've done a backup and a wipe of the unit as directed in your link. Unfortunately, I get an indication that the bin file can't be processed. I've not installed the backup, as I imagine that will re-install the orginal security policy; is that right?
    More importantly, perhaps, even though I'm dealing with a wiped BB, and apparently no IT policy (I can disable the password now), I still can't get the thing to accept either the SIM the BB came with, or my FIDO SIM. As I said, when I go Settings - Options - Advanced Options - SIM Card, and enter MEPD, I get SIM, Network, Network Subset, Service Provider, Corporate listed as options, with each of these indicated to be "disabled". I've tried to enter suggested character strings subsequently, but nothing wants to bring up a field into which I can enter the my unlock code. The guys I bought from claimed it was unlocked already, but they did give me the unlock code when I asked them for it.
    Any ideas? Thanks...

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

hayden thank for the information! i never really thought about losing my device because i'm usually so careful about where it is, but thats good to know, and mark stone, you are helpful as always

Quote Originally Posted by rjedward
    Thanks again, Mark.
    It was the SIM card screen. I got past the original problem, the keyboard lockout... sort of. I've done a backup and a wipe of the unit as directed in your link. Unfortunately, I get an indication that the bin file can't be processed. I've not installed the backup, as I imagine that will re-install the orginal security policy; is that right?
    More importantly, perhaps, even though I'm dealing with a wiped BB, and apparently no IT policy (I can disable the password now), I still can't get the thing to accept either the SIM the BB came with, or my FIDO SIM. As I said, when I go Settings - Options - Advanced Options - SIM Card, and enter MEPD, I get SIM, Network, Network Subset, Service Provider, Corporate listed as options, with each of these indicated to be "disabled". I've tried to enter suggested character strings subsequently, but nothing wants to bring up a field into which I can enter the my unlock code. The guys I bought from claimed it was unlocked already, but they did give me the unlock code when I asked them for it.
    Any ideas? Thanks...
    On the original SIM, the one the phone came with, does it give you a message "Emergency Calls Only"? If so, then the problem may be that your FIDO SIM is bad. ("Emergency Calls Only" would indicate that the original SIM is good, but the account is inactive, making your FIDO SIM suspect).
    I get an indication that the bin file can't be processed.
    On your computer or on the handheld?

PIN/ID

I'm still at this, Mark.
    I've wiped the BB with Javaload.exe and reinstalled the system software. I've got the original, Rogers SIM installed. Boom! The SIM activates, and ET calls home. New mail message: your handheld has been registered on teh network. Okay, fine. So I try my FIDO SIM -- "No valid SIM installed". Bloody hell. Moreover, at some point, I've got the original SIM in again, and it no longers works. Something wrong with the BB's socket? So the lovely young lady at the Rogers store puts her Rogers SIM in, and the BB works like a charm. I put my FIDO in, nothing.
    So... When ET called home, a block was put on, preventing any other SIM from being used?
    BTW There's nothing wrong with the FIDO SIM! I called FIDO 2day with it, to confirm that, in their opinion, the FIDO SIM should work on an unlocked BB from Rogers (i.e. an unlocked 8700r).
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rjedward
    I'm still at this, Mark.
    I've wiped the BB with Javaload.exe and reinstalled the system software. I've got the original, Rogers SIM installed. Boom! The SIM activates, and ET calls home. New mail message: your handheld has been registered on teh network. Okay, fine. So I try my FIDO SIM -- "No valid SIM installed". Bloody hell. Moreover, at some point, I've got the original SIM in again, and it no longers works. Something wrong with the BB's socket? So the lovely young lady at the Rogers store puts her Rogers SIM in, and the BB works like a charm. I put my FIDO in, nothing.
    So... When ET called home, a block was put on, preventing any other SIM from being used?
    BTW There's nothing wrong with the FIDO SIM! I called FIDO 2day with it, to confirm that, in their opinion, the FIDO SIM should work on an unlocked BB from Rogers (i.e. an unlocked 8700r).
    What do you think?
    I've run out of ideas -- anyone else?

PIN/ID

Thanks for your help Mark, I appreciate it.
    I have a thought (happens occasionally) -- would there be something in the device software that I'm reinstalling after wiping the BB that refreshes a designation of the brand/network of SIM that's expected? Do you think I should be able to edit this with the JDE from RIM?
    Cheers.

tpbishop no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, I would love to learn how to delete an IT policy. My wife has an Ruby Pearl (we purchased an unlocked -- to the carrier -- unit), which she used for work for a while, which was activited to her company's BES (and IT policy). She has since been given an updated device by her company, and her original Pearl is no longer connected to the company's BES, but the IT policy the company installed is still there (even after wiping), and it's fairly onerous, and we would like to delete it. Any help would be most appreciated. You can contact me directly at tpbishop@gmail.com. Thanks. Tom

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by tpbishop View Post
    Okay, I would love to learn how to delete an IT policy. My wife has an Ruby Pearl (we purchased an unlocked -- to the carrier -- unit), which she used for work for a while, which was activited to her company's BES (and IT policy). She has since been given an updated device by her company, and her original Pearl is no longer connected to the company's BES, but the IT policy the company installed is still there (even after wiping), and it's fairly onerous, and we would like to delete it. Any help would be most appreciated. You can contact me directly at tpbishop@gmail.com. Thanks. Tom
    Try these instructions: http://blackberry.ig3.net/

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

If you lose any cell phone, the first thing you shoudl do is call your carrier and have them suspend your account and disable the device if possible. You are liable for ALL charges up until you notify your carrier. It isn't like a credit card where you are only stuck with the first $50.00

Kassanak no está en línea Stack level 1

yEEAH ANY ONE KNOW ANY OTHER WAYS CAUSE NONE OF THESE ARE WORKING! oR MY BE IT JUST ME BUT CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLASE THANKS!!

soucinator no está en línea Stack level 1

I have inadvertently had a user enter their password 10 times. It said it was locked out, but no indication that it was wiping the handheld. Please tell me that I can recover the user settings!!!

eric_t_mays no está en línea Stack level 1

I need help how do i change the applications on my home screen i have a 8130 thanks

Rui Gomes no está en línea Stack level 2

If you do get locked out, to reset your password would require a low level reset, or "nuke", which is a fairly drastic procedure. A low level reset wipes out your BlackBerry's memory completely, including the operating system. To make it functional again, you would have to cradle the device and reinstall all the BlackBerry software

this is what i did so now wha the fuc* do i do pls help me i dont know wgat in doing i suck at this

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast