I just updated Blackberry App world today, and it runs great. The problem is that ... General Blackberry forum

GirasolMaestra no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Lost applications/icons

Advertisement

I just updated Blackberry App world today, and it runs great.

The problem is that I no longer have the icons for some of the applications that came with my phone (Pearl Flip 8230). They are listed in my Applications list, but I can't get to them on my phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled AIM, and I guess I could do that for Word Mole too, but I have no idea how to get Messages back. I can get to my gmail, but not the default messages client where all of the messages show up.

I have tried:

-Battery pull (numerous times)
    -Resending service books (twice)
    -Changing themes
    -Using a default theme.
    -"Show all": Actually, show all isn't an option because I don't have anything hidden. (Instead of hiding I use a folder called "Unused Apps" so I can find them if I ever do use them.)

These are just the apps that I know are missing. There might be more that I haven't noticed yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Update: I just realized that the little square at the top of the home screen that normally has the speaker icon and lets me change my profiles is no longer functioning in any of my themes. I can scroll to the square (it highlights), but there is no icon there and when I click it does nothing.

Anyone? I see some people having some small problems, but not like mine.

Also, I have realized that I can no longer "dial from the home screen." When I try, it takes me to an application like a shortcut, just like QWERTY BlackBerries, but Pearl Flips aren't supposed to be able to do this. Because of this, there isn't an "Option>General Options>Dial from Home Screen" to go to to revert to what it was before.

Someone PLEASE help! Wiping my phone and reinstalling the OS is going to be a pain in the butt. I don't even have a Windows computer.

Update: For anyone out there who may have read this or may read it in the future, my phone is fixed. Last week I used the # key to turn my phone on vibrate, and when I turned it back to the normal profile, my sound profile icon was back on the home screen. I couldn't click it at that point, but a few days later I was able to click it to change profiles. Then earlier today I updated Pandora and after my phone rebooted I realized* everything was back to normal. All of my missing applications were back in their places and I could dial from the home screen again. Of course, now I'm slightly disappointed because I was beginning to like using shortcuts to get to applications on my phone. I hope this will be an option in a later OS.
    *I say realized because it's possible it was back to normal before the update because I couldn't use the shortcut to get to Messages to click on the update link.

For anyone else who has this problem, I am sorry I found no real solution. I have no real idea why my phone messed up in the first place or how it came to be fixed. I did finally contact Blackberry App World Support yesterday when I realized I couldn't even use AIM, but I haven't gotten a response and don't think that simply contacting them fixed the phone. If anyone ever finds out what the issue was, I'd love to know.

Ryo Misaki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    Wow, sad that nobody replied...
    Sounds like an odd problem. I've never seen anything happen like that!
    Then again, I use a Curve...

Anyway, I'm glad that it seems that your problem resolved itself!
    I hope that's the end of it!
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

It happened again! I tried to update BuzzMe from the App World. (I'm not sure whether I downloaded the old version from App World or not since it was so sluggish before.) When I tried to download the new version, it said there was a problem with the install, but then said that BuzzMe was archived. It would not restore. I deleted the old version, rebooted, and my phone was screwed up again. I rebooted again and nothing changed. I tried to reinstall BuzzMe and it worked this time, so I rebooted and everything was back to normal. I still don't know why it does this, but at least I may have found a solution.

Update (final?): Since Blackberry Desktop Manager is finally available for Mac, I was able to back up my phone and actually try to fix this thing. I deleted BB App World. No change. My phone still did weird things after I rebooted. Then I deleted all of my non-default themes. Worked beautifully. Reinstalled BB App World, still working fine. Now I'm adding (different) themes one-by-one. So far, so good. I guess one of the themes I had before was wreaking having just by being there. I'm so glad I didn't have to wipe my phone!