Does anybody have any recommendations? I like the feature with the standard set that allows ... General Blackberry forum

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

Looking for a new headset for 8100

Advertisement

Does anybody have any recommendations? I like the feature with the standard set that allows muting and call answer with the mic button. Any ideas?

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Re: Looking for a new headset for 8100

Depends on what you are looking for. If you simply want a good headset for calls, my recommendations are either:

Jabra JX10 Series II (small, good battery life, people have not complained about background noise, and you can't beat that Jabra will send you free ear hoops, and charging cables if you lose them - FOR FREE). Includes USB to Headset jumper cable, wall charger w/ stand, car charger for headset, and ear hoop). This also supports the voice-dialing on the v4.3

Plantronics Voyager 510 (awesome battery, can be connected to multiple devices simultaneously), Includes wall charger. This was my favorite until I lost it. Oh well.

Others rave about the Jawbone - but I personally think it is ugly. I spend a lot of time in airports/traveling and I think it looks goofy. I also don't buy in to the idea that their noise cancellation technology makes it possible to have a conversation while standing next to two guys using weed-eaters.

If you want stereo sound - I think Motorola, iLuv, and others have BT stereo headsets that have voice capabilities.

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lindycu View Post
    Depends on what you are looking for. If you simply want a good headset for calls, my recommendations are either:

Jabra JX10 Series II (small, good battery life, people have not complained about background noise, and you can't beat that Jabra will send you free ear hoops, and charging cables if you lose them - FOR FREE). Includes USB to Headset jumper cable, wall charger w/ stand, car charger for headset, and ear hoop). This also supports the voice-dialing on the v4.3

Plantronics Voyager 510 (awesome battery, can be connected to multiple devices simultaneously), Includes wall charger. This was my favorite until I lost it. Oh well.

Others rave about the Jawbone - but I personally think it is ugly. I spend a lot of time in airports/traveling and I think it looks goofy. I also don't buy in to the idea that their noise cancellation technology makes it possible to have a conversation while standing next to two guys using weed-eaters.

If you want stereo sound - I think Motorola, iLuv, and others have BT stereo headsets that have voice capabilities.
    Thanks Lindycu, I assume these are all blue tooth. I not really looking for that however, maybe just too old fashioned, but thanks anyway!

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

dmnall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D25C9

Quote Originally Posted by Eldeano View Post
    Thanks Lindycu, I assume these are all blue tooth. I not really looking for that however, maybe just too old fashioned, but thanks anyway!
    Well the thing with BlueTooth headsets is that you can use the phone with out having a wire running to your phone. The headset I recommend for wired would be the ones that came with the phone *free and works*, however, I prefer wireless, so I personally use a BlueAnt Z9 headset and this thing is great.

Charlie