Here's a little guide to make your Blackberry email address web-based. 1. Sign up for ... General Blackberry forum

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Lightbulb Long Lost Webmail!

Advertisement

Here's a little guide to make your Blackberry email address web-based.

1. Sign up for a Gmail account. It doesn't matter what the address is, I recommend making it the same as your Blackberry address if it's not already taken though. You'll only use it to login, you won't be sending or recieving to this address.

2. Log in to your BIS account through your provider's website. Click here for T-Mobile's. Once you're logged in, click on Edit beside your BB email address, and at the bottom put in the Gmail address you registered for and make sure "All messages" is selected, and save.

3. Log into your Gmail account, once you're in click on Settings at the very top, and switch to the Accounts tab. Click on Add another email address type in your display name and your BB email address. It'll email you a code to your Blackberry to verify that it's actually you requesting persmission to send from this address. Put in the code and make sure that confirmation is complete. Now go back into the Gmail settings and click on the Accounts tab again, and click on "Make default" beside the Blackberry address.

4. You're done! Any email you send from Gmail will be sent from your Blackberry address by default, and any emails sent to your Blackberry will be forwarded to your Gmail.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: Long Lost Webmail!

good info, thanks!

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good post.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~good info. Tried it and it works, but I wonder why would one go through all this trouble to use the blackberry.net email address when you could just use your own email address? I don't use the blackberry.net email at all.

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the info. This is a good work-around for webmail if you want your blackberry.net as your visible\public email addy. As "Fiasco" mentioned, the advantage of using a Gmail account as your public addy allows the good spam filters to filter the cruft from the legite. As far as I know, the blackberry.net email has no spam filtering capabilities. Myself included, hide my blackberry.net address and only use my Gmail account as my public front contact. The blackberry.net addy is never given to anyone.