Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a 8310 & was wondering if there is a way to lock certain ... General Blackberry forum

Gardog no está en línea Stack level 1

Locking Folders

Advertisement

I have a 8310 & was wondering if there is a way to lock certain folders & make them password protected in order to open them?

Thanx,
    Gdog

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    No, you can hide them, and you pw protect the entire device. There are a few third party apps that *might* lock files, but I am unsure how well they work. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Detman101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317E9211
    Yes, Locking individual files or folders containing files is possible.
    The app you want is listed below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1nwixz2tuu

Dm

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    ... And there you have it. Hahaha. I had an app before but I can't remember the name of it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gardog no está en línea Stack level 1
    So do I sync this straight to my phone? There is no .exe file with this.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Detman101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317E9211
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardog View Post
    So do I sync this straight to my phone? There is no .exe file with this.
    The Getjar.com version of this program is corrupted.
    My recompiled version is error-free and has to be installed via Desktop Manager.

Dm

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Will this work with a 4.3 8120?

Thanks!

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    This work great on OS 4.6. Thanks
    BlackBerry Bold
    OS v4.6.0.112

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here as this is a nice find....However it is very easy to circumvent this locking mechanism. If you go into Media>Explore and navigate to the file and rename the pictures/videos/etc removing the .lck extension the file will be able to be viewed again.

The reason for this post is just so you guys don't get a feeling of false sense of security. Although most people wouldn't know this some "power users" would. Just thought I'd throw this out there on a limb.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here as this is a nice find....However it is very easy to circumvent this locking mechanism. If you go into Media>Explore and navigate to the file and rename the pictures/videos/etc removing the .lck extension the file will be able to be viewed again.

The reason for this post is just so you guys don't get a feeling of false sense of security. Although most people wouldn't know this some "power users" would. Just thought I'd throw this out there on a limb.
    They would have to know my device password first.

PIN/ID
    I do agree but many stackers do not enable a password as its a personal device and...well its annoying having to enter a password every hour due to inactivity Also if they really are smart and encryption is not enabled they could always remove the .lck extension from another phone or a computer These kids are getting too dang smart these days I say!!!

The reason for my post was taking into consideration that encryption was not enabled or a password. I was assuming that your friend or kid, etc was playing with the phone and it was unlocked. I do agree that it all comes down to the security that you implement. Being in the forensics field in BB data recovery I wish more people would practise device security

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    I do agree but many stackers do not enable a password as its a personal device and...well its annoying having to enter a password every hour due to inactivity Also if they really are smart and encryption is not enabled they could always remove the .lck extension from another phone or a computer These kids are getting too dang smart these days I say!!!

The reason for my post was taking into consideration that encryption was not enabled or a password. I was assuming that your friend or kid, etc was playing with the phone and it was unlocked. I do agree that it all comes down to the security that you implement. Being in the forensics field in BB data recovery I wish more people would practise device security
    I know many avid users who have no password protection, or encrytion on their cards. The leave their devices in public view. I walked over to a buddies desk took his Curve and stuck it in my pocket as a prank and to prove a point...after that, still not locking. You can lead a horse to water...

PIN/ID
    This is exactly why me the President and CEO am also the BesAdmin...No lieniency whatsoever. Actually I take on quite a few roles since we are a pretty small firm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I know many avid users who have no password protection, or encrytion on their cards. The leave their devices in public view. I walked over to a buddies desk took his Curve and stuck it in my pocket as a prank and to prove a point...after that, still not locking. You can lead a horse to water...

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    im my post (#6) if you go to the end of the thread that i provided it tells u that the new 4.5 os basically ruins the app because as kieranwest stated you can just go to the file and rename the file to remove the .lck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast