Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i watched this earlier. http://youtube.com/watch?v=vmEErhy7AIc it's about a guy from forbe's magazine trying to live ... General Blackberry forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

live without blackberry?

Advertisement

i watched this earlier.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vmEErhy7AIc

it's about a guy from forbe's magazine trying to live a week without his blackberry. it was aired on the today show.

i was wanting to know...

is blackberry email and stuff THAT essential to you all?

like why do so many people have to constantly check, read, and write emails?

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

Re: live without blackberry?

in my case, business. it's easier sending me an email than trying to reach me at the office or on my cell. plus, using emails leaves a record of the conversation, leaving less room for error in conducting transactions.

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

i wish i could use email that much ahaha :[

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Ditto on the business. I like having my cell, email, calendar all at my finger tips. Plus if something goes wrong with something on our network I can remotely connect from my blackberry and hopefully fix it. I was without my blackberry for two days over the summer and I didn't get the shakes or break out in a nervous sweat. Blackberries make my job easier but I can modify my habits if something happens.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

I could probably go without replying to business emails after hours for a week.

I don't know if I could miss my sports scores though.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

my bb is just for personal use, but I think I would be absolutely miserable without it for a week.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

Saves me time.Instead of coming home at night and replying to emails to people who aren't even there 'of course I can email togo.For business its a seriously vital tool to impress and to deal with things instantly. It also means I can spend more time on Pinstack!!! Oh, also with the wife.hic

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have been able to wean myself off my BB twice since getting a new phone six months ago. This time I think the weaning process is permanent. My Pearl is now in a pouch, in the original box I got the first one in, with all accessories. My devices are all for personal use by the way.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 09-20-2007 at 04:07 PM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

It is definitely a useful business tool. I run a 9-1-1 center and between meetings at the hospitals, meetings at the office, and daily business that just keeps me away from my Outlook, the Blackberry allows me to respond to emails in a timely manner no matter the time of day and it is easy to do it discreetly, even if in a meeting and you're not having to fire up a laptop or some other distracting device to do so.

Plus, the return on investment that most businesses see by their employees utilizing BB's is thousands upon thousand of dollars in productivity that would typically be lost if not for the BB.

My device is used for email, cell - personal & business, and all of the PIM features so going a week without it would be extremely difficult.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I would have to be in a different line of work to go without the BlackBerry.

Specifically, I would need a career where I didn't have to schedule my day, prioritize and keep track of completed tasks, send and respond to emails, talk to people on the phone on a regular basis, and.............nevermind, I can't live without it.
    Last edited by ma077146; 09-20-2007 at 04:30 PM.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't need it, just bought the pearl because it looks cool.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

For me its mostly businss, I get emails all day from people expecting prompt replies. If I never had a BB I could probably do without it, but now no way.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

1. I get lost easily in places I don't know. My Google Maps have been a great help.

2. I have a hard time keeping track of my schedules, appointments, and special events. My Organizer keeps me on schedule.

3. Running erands and paying bills would be a nightmare if I didn't have assistance from my Tasks. Telling me when bills are due and what not.

4. If I'm expecting a very important email for work, I don't have to wait all day. I get it in my hand.

5. Sometime I forget to log purchases in my checkbook and my account balance is never up-to-date. Thank God for Mobile Checkbook.

6. With Memopad, I always have something to write with and on. I'm also a songwriter, so it helps keep something in my mind when I write it down.

7. Always have a calcuator handy for those times when I need to calculate something quickly.

8. I'd sleep all day if it wasn't for my alarm.

9. Still have the ability for people to get a hold of me.

10. Web browser for all occations.

Can I live without a Blackberry? Of course. Would there be a way to have my life around me not fall apart without it? No. I'd waste away in the pit of self-agonizing pain and torture, choking on my own spit and having a simaltanious psychotic break down, losing control of all bodily functions. My teeth will rot, my hair will fall out, and I'd be better off living on the streets, scavaging for scraps and hanging out by an offramp of the 91 freeway holding a sign, saying: "No blackberry and homeless, will work for food!"

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Could I live without my BB? That's real simple....NO
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Dolphin no está en línea Stack level 2

I once went for a week-long meditation session where any form of communication was banned. We had to surrendered handphones, reading materials and there were no tv/radio in the rooms and we can't speak to other participants (verbally or non-verbally). Needless to say I survived. It was actually the best vacation I ever had. Everybody (with or without bb) should try to go off-line once in a while. It's very refreshing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast