I saw some were having problems yesterday, but I didn't have any till today. On ... General Blackberry forum

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Lingering problems today?

Advertisement

I saw some were having problems yesterday, but I didn't have any till today. On T-mobile, 8320, in NH, and under my connection manager it has a yellow splotch next to the Mobile Network setting. It does say it's on though, just has yellow instead of green. The wi-fi is working. Emails and the messenger don't seem to be working consistantly. I also have just the small-lettered uma for the network connection.

I've pulled the battery a few times but still having this same problem...anyone else?

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd
    I've been noticing that all morning, actually for a day or two. My Curve at least connects to the net, I'm not so lucky with my 8120. I suspect their were more compatibility issues going up to the 4.3 with all the new 3G hardware and software than were anticipated/believed but that's just a suspicion and not something i know for sure.

Last night the 8120 wouldn't connect to the net all night for either UMA or Edge, then for about 1 hour around 2 everything went down. I couldn't call, message, or anything.

Let me know if you find out anything.

Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx View Post
    I saw some were having problems yesterday, but I didn't have any till today. On T-mobile, 8320, in NH, and under my connection manager it has a yellow splotch next to the Mobile Network setting. It does say it's on though, just has yellow instead of green. The wi-fi is working. Emails and the messenger don't seem to be working consistantly. I also have just the small-lettered uma for the network connection.

I've pulled the battery a few times but still having this same problem...anyone else?
    Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

Couldn't even use the net on it earlier today, that seems to be in and out now. Still have the small uma and a yellow circle next to the mobile network setting. So far the phone part has actually stayed working though...I think...

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx View Post

I have had the problem for the last 45 hours on my 8120 and 8100. T-Mobile is working on some sort of upgrade but they could have picked a better time or done it at spurts when I am not using my phone.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    On the 8120, currently I am stuck on GSM with the WiFi indicator greyed out. I have seen EDGE for about 2 seconds. Also, under Manage Connections, Mobile Network and WiFi are both yellow, meaning there is a connection but not good enough for data.

On the 8100, it just says GSM when I swap the SIM card. I haven't seen it go to EDGE once during the entire ordeal.

On the 8120, I have been getting sporadic email, text, PIN via BB Messenger, and chat capabilities. Nothing of that sort on the 8100. I have to reset the connection to get it to show UMA and get any messages (8120).

Both phones works fine when it comes to making and receiving voice calls.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-28-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Must be more widespread than I thought...was starting to wonder if it was just the New England area having the problem.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I can connect on EDGE with wifi turned on, but my mobile network settings are set to mobile network only. I cannot connect if I turn the wifi off or if I walk out of the wifi range. It consistently says EDGE in the corner as well.

I can turn wifi on and set my mobile network connection to wifi only or wifi preferred, and UMA will show up instead of EDGE. I can still get on the net, but thats because I'm on wifi.

Either way, I cannot connect to the internet using my cellular connection. I pay for the full BIS data services with t-mobile.

I do not know what to do.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Looks like my problem was taken care of by switching out my ancient SIM card for the new one that came with my 8120. I called customer service and it took like two seconds for them to switch it over. I can connect to the internet with just my mobile connection with no problems now.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Man 48 hours of that? You guys better hope its some upgrades right befor 4.5!