Asking this for a frd but I figure its something I will experience down the ... General Blackberry forum

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3

How to let people know you switch new BB? (Asking for frd)

Advertisement

Asking this for a frd but I figure its something I will experience down the road on day (like when I switch to Storm lol)

He just upgarde from Pearl to Curve but don't know how to let all his frds know of his new pin, he have tons of people he need to tell

Is there a faster way to do so? Like a mass send feature? I thought BB would of done that automatically once switched device..

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    I will usually add my new BBM name as the same as before with (new) at the end... 90% of people ask me within the first hour why Ihave NEW at the end and I wind up copy/pasting answers... kinda a pain but the easiest solution I have found for my habit of requesting warranty exchanges due to abuse!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Paian, If you use the Switch Device Wizard in the Desktop Manager it makes the switch for you automatically and no notification is necessary. This includes the change of PIN for all your contacts.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Paian, If you use the Switch Device Wizard in the Desktop Manager it makes the switch for you automatically and no notification is necessary. This includes the change of PIN for all your contacts.
    Thx. That's what he told me he did
    However none of his frd know of his new pin...

How does this work exactly? Does his BB sends email noticifaction?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Afraid I don't know HOW it works. I just went through the process though and it carried all my contacts to the new device and somehow made the change(s) for me - I didn't have to notify anyone on my BB list.

If it didn't work I don't know how to do it but manually - maybe an expert knows a way to do mass BBm notification.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Good to know! Good looks black.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~