Hi, I was curious, does keeping the LED light continuously flashing in service area, effect ... General Blackberry forum

jayinla no está en línea Stack level 1

Led Flashing Light

Advertisement

Hi, I was curious, does keeping the LED light continuously flashing in service area, effect the battery at all? I'm using an 8703.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Led Flashing Light

I don't believe it does. LED = Light Emitting Diode. Diodes just don't pull enough juice to really effect the type of battery that a BB uses. I turned mine off today, for the first time, just cause I didn't see much point in it. I did leave the red LED for new messages however... You can turn off your green service light very easily if you choose to.
    options-->screen/keyboard-->scroll down to LED coverage inicator and change option to "off." This won't affect your red light for repeat message notification etc.

kingjames45 no está en línea Stack level 1

well any thing on the phone running will effect the battery but that LED light does very little to your battery life. Safe to say you can leave it on if you wish.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

to show how little power led's use, stick one (small one like the bb uses) on a DEAD watch battery, it will run way longer than you're interested.