OK, I'm finally fed up with Rogers Data Charges. And Yes, I have signed the ... General Blackberry forum

BigEd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203BD12F

Leaving Rogers for Cingular? - T-Mobile?

Advertisement

OK, I'm finally fed up with Rogers Data Charges. And Yes, I have signed the petition. Anyways... I'm trying to decide who I should go with. Cingular or T-Mobile. I know this has been covered hundreds of times on here in different threads, but I find it hard to sift through the information because it seems Data Plans for each carrier change all the time. As well as going to their respective web sites, it's pretty tough to find all the info.
    So, I'm hoping some of the members here can point me in the right direction. All I need is Data, No Voice
    Here is my situation.

I live in Canada (99% of the time I will be using in Canada)
    I'm on a BES (Exchangemymail.com)
    Travel Internationally occasionally
    8700r is unlocked

QUESTIONS

1. Which carrier offers TRUE unlimited data International package
    2. Does it include WAP, Web browsing, email, etc.
    3. Can I run 3rd party apps (real time stock quotes, webmessenger)
    4. Does unlimited package include overseas
    5. Pricing per month

From reading other posts, coverage seems to go to Cingular. Coverage is not a big issuse for me. I just need coverage in Major Metropolitan Areas.

Your replys are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance
    BigEd

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Leaving Rogers for Cingular? - T-Mobile?

Check to see how good coverage is by entering your addres on their coverage map. Check out the BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise Email package (hosted BES email is supported). Add International Coverage before you leave to travel and take it back off when u go back home. I don't know if your 8700r will work. Canadian BlackBerries don't work too well in the US and vice versa (even unlocked). Saw that answered on another forum. You may have to get the 8700g as a work phone.

1) http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/default.aspx Here are all of T-Mobile's BlackBerry Plans.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) International E-Mail is an add on option. Read here http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/d...b-7e7565cf6487

5) Prices are included in the thread.

Good luck.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-30-2006 at 03:59 PM.

BigEd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203BD12F

Re: Leaving Rogers for Cingular? - T-Mobile?

Erica...

Thanks for the reply! Had 1 more question for you. Hopefully if you don't have the answer someone here might.
    The BlackBerry Unlimited International plan.. does that just include email, or does it include wap, and browsing as well?

Thanks
    Ed