After 3 years of being a loyal bb customer, I've been screwed beyond anything you'd ... General Blackberry forum

auction4u no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40114EBC

Leaving BlackBerry...

Advertisement

After 3 years of being a loyal bb customer, I've been screwed beyond anything you'd expect from a company like Nextel. Have had many bb's and the latest was the 7100i... I can't seem to get any service from nextel or rim. Would you believe, THERE IS NOWHERE IS THE WORLD TO SHIP YOUR BB TO HAVE IT SERVICED. Besides that, it's almost new and Nextel has agreed the problem was not my fault. (the shift button is stuck and cannot be fixed)
    I have a small business and have 4 phones totally over $400 monthly. You'd think they would help do something. To exchange the 7100i nextel wants to charge $100. Now remember, this phone is almost new, less than 2 months old. $525 wasn't enough I guess.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: Leaving BlackBerry...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Your first mistake was Nextel, but don't give up. I've had a similar situation with a carrier who didn't want to help out a lucrative, loyal customer(me) and I stuck to my guns and worked my way up the Customer Service(and beyond into other depts.) ladder until I got a reasonable resolution from the company. Granted it wasn't Nextel but I would keep trying. Write a letter if you have to. You might be surprised at the outcome. No matter how big that company is, trust me, they dont want to lose your business. Threaten to close all your accounts with them. Tell them you don't care how much you have to pay and that it would be worth it to get rid of such a poorly run, non-customer friendly company. Figure out how much money you have spent with them over the years. Take all this as high up in the company you can go. You don't have to bend over and take it from these companies. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but as of right now you're in a pretty sh*tty situation so it can only get better, right? Like I said, no guaruntees, but it worked for me. GOOD LUCK!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Nextel has service and repair for like 5$ a month fix anything on the BB keys, trackwheel etc no matter user fault or not, sorry you had such a bad experience but S&R might be an option in the future.

Also service and repair will give you a refurbished BB if yours is broke. In my town there is about 15-20 service and repair shops for nextel and even if you dont have service and repair plan they will fix it but for a price.

I had nextel for years went through 3 7520's and three 7100i's with service and repair and didnt pay anything buy my service and repair.

Sorry about your experience try calling nextel and asking them about service and repair.

robsark9 no está en línea Stack level 1

I purchaced perowned 7520 from a private user and had issuses with the usb connection to update the software. I had both "insurance" coverages on my previous phone(s). They covered the BB from day one. I took it to repair as per a suggestion from oneof the local retail stores (thanks Chris) 48 hours later I had what appeared to be a brand new unit.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

auction4u,

If you are having trouble with Nextel, why the title "Leaving Blackberry". Sounds to me like you need to change carriers, not device brands, although I realize that changing carriers requires different Device Technology. Other carriers will honor their warranties.

I would continue to escalate this problem up the chain of customer service until it was taken care of to your satisfaction. If you don't get satisfaction, I would start rolling off of nextel to another carrier as soon as it becomes economically feasible. It's not the BBs fault that Nextel won't help you.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

auction4u no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40114EBC

Nextel gave me the # to rim and I called and the man was shocked that nextel would give me their #. He said and i quote "RIM DOES NOT FIX CUSTOMERS PHONES, NEXTEL DOES NOT FIX CUSTOMERS PHONES" So I asked is there anyone in the world that can fix my phone. "HIS ANSWER WAS NO." I then asked how a company can make and sell a product that noone will work on. He said and I quote, "THEY DO NOT WANT ME TO HAVE MY BB FIXED, THEY WANT YOU TO BUY ANOTHER." UH, thats the craziest thing I have ever heard. Yes, If I would have had the service and repair plan for a monthly fee, THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND ME A REPLACEMENT BB WITHIN A FEW DAYS. (A USED BB IS NOT COOL WHEN MINE IS NEW) But still noone will work on bb's. The local service centers for nextel DO NOT WORK ON BB'S. That's what I have been told for over a month now. I have tried to talk with supervisors at nextel, THEY WILL DO NOTHING. I have fought with them tooth and nail with no luck. I have told them I will take my business somewhere else. And I'll bet you can guess their attitudes. They just do not care about their customers anyone. I am just fed up with them.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Whew, where to start.

Situation 1)
    Customers BB is non repairable and has insurance: Nextel does not replace phones. Customer is responsible for calling the insurance company. With Signal deductable is $100, with Asurion deductable is $50. Customer will recieve a replacement BB within 3 business days.

Customers BB is non repairable and has no insurance: SOL

Situation 2)
    Customers BB is repairable and has ESRP or NSP: Nextel does not fix the BB. Cost of repair is free, no charge to the customer. Nextel will send the BB to RIM using FedEx Express Overnight, and the customer will recieve a new BB the following business day.

Customers BB is repairable and has no ESRP or NSP and is within the 1 year warranty period: Customer is responsible for sending the BB to RIM, which will fix the BB at no charge and send the customer a return BB within a few business days.

Keep in mind all of the previously mentioned insurance and replacement have very strict policies. Insurance covers lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair devices. ESRP and NSP cover manufacturers defects, not physical abuse or misuse. If your BB does not fall into the categories covered and you have the insurance or replacement you will not be covered.

I cannot tell you what Nextel should or should not do, because I dont know the state of your BB unless I could view it myself. But I have given you the details of the coverages and you can make the best decision on your own. If you need any help I can give you the proper numbers to call, the right people to talk to, and I would be honored to assist you in any way.