I would like to see BB's (and other bar phones for that matter) include a ... General Blackberry forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Keypad lock switch

Advertisement

I would like to see BB's (and other bar phones for that matter) include a physical sliding switch to lock the keypad similar to MP3 players and iPods.

I think this would be very useful for those who carry the BB without using a holster. To me, this is better than fooling around with lock/unlock key sequences like * + Send, etc.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    YES! Very easy to do.
    Go to the phone options-screen/keyboard settings.
    Scrool down to the convenient key option, click on it and go to the keyboard lock and add it. Now the convienient key will lock it with one touch!
    Presto!

Yes I know - I already have that assigned.

But to unlock, you still have to do * + Send. Another option is to use the top Mute button to put the phone into - and take out of - stand by. I use my phone to check the time, so this doesn't work as well because I can't just light up the screen to check the time by pressing any key like I can when the keypad is locked.

I think a sliding switch would be easier though.
    Last edited by NickAC; 04-24-2008 at 10:41 AM.

kazbytes no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    you can also download StormSlider which is an Iphone style key lock.. (Slide your finger across to lock) while you can unlock the phone like this you cant lock it again without going back into the app and reselecting it... However.. If you move the StormSlider on the menu to home and then to the first 3 on the menu it will come up on your home screen and you can lock the keypad with one touch from the home screen

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The newer devices like tour or the 8900 have a physical button on the top that locks and unlocks. It the closest you will get to a physical switch
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Ever since going to OS 4.5, the mute button has been useful to put the phone into standby because I can still quickly check the time using the main keys!
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    The newer devices like tour or the 8900 have a physical button on the top that locks and unlocks. It the closest you will get to a physical switch
    The Curve also has such a switch - it's called the Standby or Mute key.