So this is a general hardware question. Even though I am having issues with my ... General Blackberry forum

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Keyboard issues

Advertisement

So this is a general hardware question. Even though I am having issues with my 8330 the question applies to all berries (with keyboard)

Has anyone ever had 1 of their keys crap out?

The m button on my keyboard has given out, and I was wondering if replacing the keyboard (15bucks from ebay) is the next logical step.

Returning the device is a no go.

Long story short, this is most likely a water related injury.
    Berry and Mop bucket had a dirty encounter months ago. All has been fine up until a few weeks ago, and now m key is fritsy.

I have managed to get by with the autoreplace function and spell check, but I would like to try a few other options.

So, anyone done a keyboard replacement?
    Last edited by yettiman2208; 07-23-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling issues

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    This post of mine talks about the track ball not clicking. It also applies to the button on the keyboard. There are not any parts sold online to fix the physical buttons on your device. Read up about it and see if you want to try and fix it http://forums.pinstack.com/f257/blackberry_pearl_trackball_select_button_gone_crazy-109868/

You need to pull the device apart and find the M button on your logic board and clean it. What I mean by clean it is pull the tape back and clean the brass ring.

Do at your own Risk
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 07-23-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    remember the plastic bag with rice trick.... works every time..... maybe with just clean water

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    awesome, thanks for the posts. i will read up on ur previous thread and see where it takes me.

Oh yeah, the berry spent a long time in the bag-o-rice, but yeah, maybe a good wash could do the trick.

Cheers,

Yetti

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Good Luck if you need help let me know
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.