I've seen several blackberries lately where if you type a given letter, it will type ... General Blackberry forum

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3

keyboard input issues

Advertisement

I've seen several blackberries lately where if you type a given letter, it will type something different... For example if you type "o" it inputs "ny" or "r" it will put "ew" or if you hit the menu key it will go to the phone or type the letter "x"

Has anyone seen this issue? If so, is there a fix for this other than wiping it or upgrading software?
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    ??
    really?
    that seem very counterproductive...
    sux man! are you having this issue?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Nope I've seen it with other people's phones

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Were any of the devices recently upgraded with a new OS? Has a battery pull been done? What BB? What OS? Can you find any common denominator?

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Is there somthing coming up in the Auto Text??

No I've seen it on curves and pearls, os 4.2 and 4.5..nothing in the autotext options

I've seen it a couple of times on friend's BlackBerrys. It was always solved by a battery pull and a complete cold boot.

I actually used to do this to people as a practical joke - when my son Larry got his first BlackBerry, a hand-me-down 8700g from me, I went into auto text and made some changes. Every time he typed the word "a" or "the" his new BB would mysteriously display the phrase "Larry is a Nerd" or "Dorkface". Interesting to note that he never thought it was quite as funny as I did . . . .

And, yes, he eventually figured it out.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hahaha I'm gonna have to do that when I eventually sell my curve!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey