In a way I'm kinda forced to get rid of my BB 8300 (im really ... General Blackberry forum

lyramire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    257f46e8

Keep my BB email address

Advertisement

In a way I'm kinda forced to get rid of my BB 8300 (im really sad about it) and I dont know if its possible to keep my BB email adress on my new phone it will me a WM6 phone..Its really necesary to keep my email address because its on my resume and im in the job hunt...

The problem with my BB is that when I'm on it for a few minutes 10 or so it all of a sudden starts making this buzzing noise then it fades then the buzzing gets louder and so on this goes on for about 2 minutes until the phone finnaly shuts off. To get it to power back I have to 1- pull the battery 2- plug it in...then when I get it back on It's like I just gave it a reset none of the data or recent logs are there such as the call i was on when it shut off IM's and txt are gone... I Upgraded and downgraded and upgraded my software again...no luck, so if my phone doesnt work , i need to get a new one but I need to keep my email address Any help?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sorry Lyramire, but I believe there is only one way to retrieve e-mails that go to your BB e-mail address and that is from the device itself. How come you didn't get another BB to replace your 8300?

Check here on PinStack in the market threads or craigslist or eBay or something. Surely you can get at least another 8300 to replace yours if you're out of warranty or don't have insurance on the device.

By the way, here's a good excuse for you to call any prospective employers who already have your resume and make yourself stand out from any other candidates! Follow up with them on sending your resume in, talk to them about your qualifications and how they match their job requirements, then casually slip it in that your e-mail address has changed! Lots of people out there looking for work and you have to find ways to rise to the top of the stack of resumes!

Good luck with the job search!

PIN/ID
    257f46e8
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Check here on PinStack in the market threads or craigslist or eBay or something. Surely you can get at least another 8300 to replace yours if you're out of warranty or don't have insurance on the device.

By the way, here's a good excuse for you to call any prospective employers who already have your resume and stand out from any other candidates! Follow up with them on sending your resume in, talk to them about your qualifications and how they match their job requirements, then casually slip it in that your e-mail address has changed!

Good luck with the job search!
    Thanks! My phone I believe has no warranty Because Im on the T-Mobile network and I'm using an Att phone... I will be easier and cheaper to get a WM device than to get a BB from from Tmobile... I had the pearl and I loved it but now I have a curve and I love it even more, Ive come to realise that I need a qwerty keypad and I need it all on my phone... Tmobile's selection in phones suck and Im serious about that... Ill try my insurance though

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    Many widows devices can use BB connect.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Many widows devices can use BB connect.
    Hadn't thought of that. Good point!

Here ya go, lyramire:

http://blackberryconnect.com/

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    hey, you also can just find any BB device just to get it activated and keep your profile/email address' activated for the time being. And whenever you can get the correct replacement phone you can switch back. I always keep a spare phone around just incase mine dies( either a BB/PDA/regular cell)
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have another BB as a backup, so I'm not in a jam when that ultimate failure hits...

PIN/ID
    257f46e8
    good news !!! the bb was replaced!!! with a shinier prettier one!!!