Hoping for some assistance. I have a user that wants the messages he opens on ... General Blackberry forum

cordelia99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Keep Messages Opened on BB Marked As Closed in Outlook

Advertisement

Hoping for some assistance.
    I have a user that wants the messages he opens on his BB not to show as opened in his Outlook but to appear as unread. We are on a BES.

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cordelia99 View Post
    Hoping for some assistance.
    I have a user that wants the messages he opens on his BB not to show as opened in his Outlook but to appear as unread. We are on a BES.
    Tell user to:

Go in Emails -> Options -> Email Reconciliation -> Wireless Reconcile -> Off

(Make sure you are selecting Desktop emails when you're in the options if user has multiple email accounts on his berry)

Won't turning wireless reconcile off mean that the user will no longer receive messages? And it won't reconcile deleted items?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    That's right, message changes won't show from BB to computer, I'm not sure about message delivery though. I've never turned reconciliation off. I'm not sure this is the action you want to take. Possibly you could make message reconciliation one-way on their BES account. I'd have to look into this.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Upon further investigation, turning wireless reconcile off still lets the user send/receive messages from the BB. Just changes like read status won't transfer over. So turning off wireless reconcile could work.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I don't know of a way to make this work if you still want messages to reconcile after deletion but to show as unread on the device because turning off reconciliation would work but not if you still want deletions to occur.

I'll put on my BES thinking cap and think about it a little more but not sure of an easy way to accomplish what he wants.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thank you for your help!

I appreciate you looking into this!!!!