I have been using an 8703e since January (upbraded from a 7250). My first 8703e ... General Blackberry forum

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19

JVM Errors + incomplete backup = Driving me nuts!

Advertisement

I have been using an 8703e since January (upbraded from a 7250). My first 8703e was replaced with a new one because I kept getting JVM errors. Now the new one did it to me this weekend. Ugh!

First I get a JVM Error 525. Something about a bad persistent object. Then I get a JVM error 528 and all data is gone. I had a backup from Friday and restored it but it doesn't backup/restore everything (mainly application settings).

Why do I keep getting JVM errors? The 525 error says something about an event log. Where do I find that?

Is there a better backup solution? My ancient Kyocera 7135 Palm phone had an SD backup utility. That phone crashed a little more often but restore was a lot better. I could backup and restore without connnecting it to a computer, eveything was saved to the SD.

Is this a rare problem with the Blackberry, am I the only one getting JVM errors on a consistent basis? Help?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: JVM Errors + incomplete backup = Driving me nuts!

What kind of third party apps have you been putting on your BB? Something you load to your BB may be causing these errors. I have had very few errors on my 8703...

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19

Re: JVM Errors + incomplete backup = Driving me nuts!

I have a lot of 3rd party apps. It would be nice to know which one, if any, is causing the problem. But how can I tell?

I use: BEIKS Bible Reader, FreeRange, Opera Mini, BBWeather, Mobipocket Reader, Beyond 411, 4Info, Yahoo! Go, StopWatch, AvantGo, Google Maps.

I use a Pocket PC and it rarely crashes. When it does, it never wipes everything out, it just resets. The way the BlackBerry behaves with a JVM error would be like if when you got a BSOD in Windows it would wipe everything out except for the OS.

godess101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Installed program on computer.
    Tried to connect blackberry to computer but it couldnt find the device.
    It then asked me for a password and gave me 10 tries to get the right password.
    I figured it was the password I had set on my phone yesterday, but it didnt work so I tried other passwords I normally use.
    On the 10th try it said it would wipe out everything from the device if I got it wrong. So I dont guess. I exit the program and try to connect again and it asked me for a password on a different screen, I did not have the right password, the phone screen turns white and says its wiping out all information. :[I panicked and took battery out so I could get my sim card out. when I turned it on again it continued to wipe all of the information. and now the screen is just white and says JVM Error 513 : reset.
    but when I click reset, it goes back to the same screen

help :[

godess101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    anyone?????