Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do any of you stackers switch back and forth between blackberry devices? Like between a ... General Blackberry forum

joechris no está en línea Stack level 2

Just Wondering

Advertisement

Do any of you stackers switch back and forth between blackberry devices? Like between a Pearl and a Curve on a regular basis? I currently use the curve and am dying to try out the pearl just for the heck of it and possibly just switch back and forth as I feel. Not looking to replace one with the other. Other than the switching of Pin # everytime, is there any reasons or disadvantages to doing this? I am with AT&T so its just a switch of sim card for me.. Thanx..

urbbtech no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Just Wondering

i see the curve better then the pearl and i just sold 50 8310 to AIG its a corp account all of us at work use the curve and the last one my manger just traded her pearl with red curve

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would keep the curve as well. The keyboard must be a pain switching back and forth.

Oh no. I am NOT replacing 1 with the other. I was originally asking if anyone else goes back and forth between the 2 devices. Maybe like Curve during the week.. Pearl on weekends.. Believe me, I don't think I can handle heavy email & text usage on the pearl.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

i go back and forth. all you have to do is swap the card and resend your service books.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

If I had an extra BB i would go back and forth on them. Im just waiting to see what the new bb will be like with a touch screen. The article i read in wall street journal says there is already a few prototypes out in the field being used for testing of the device. But if i had an extra bb i would switch back and forth, depending on my plans.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I'm a diehard Pearl user, but if I had a Curve I'd probably pick one or the other to use. I'm so used to SureType now that I fumble around with MultiTap phones as badly as I used to fumble with SureType when I was learning it. So I doubt I would enjoy flipping back and forth between that and a QWERTY setup.

I'm upgrade eligible in April. By then, who knows what'll be out there. I may be willing to try out the touchscreen BB if its out by then.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

See that's what I am wondering. I am due for upgrades on 2 or 3 lines. And I am very tempted to even just pick up a refurb pearl for 29.99. I was told it will be hard going back and forth from suretype to full keyboard.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by joechris View Post

I was told it will be hard going back and forth from suretype to full keyboard.
    nahh its not hard. 8320 during the work week, 8100 during weekends. transition is smooth for me at least. i dont do all that much email or anything on weekends though.

Do any of you stackers switch back and forth between blackberry devices? Like between a Pearl and a Curve on a regular basis? I currently use the curve and am dying to try out the pearl just for the heck of it and possibly just switch back and forth as I feel. Not looking to replace one with the other. Other than the switching of Pin # everytime, is there any reasons or disadvantages to doing this? I am with AT&T so its just a switch of sim card for me.. Thanx..
    I'm phone only, so switching is a lot easier for me than most. I like using my 7290 at work and my 8700 at other times, because at work it gets beat up a little and theft is a little more likely. If one of my berrys is stolen or scratched up, I'd rather it be the 7290. Like I said, I'm GSM and phone-only, so all I have to do is swap the SIM

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    nahh its not hard. 8320 during the work week, 8100 during weekends. transition is smooth for me at least. i dont do all that much email or anything on weekends though.
    That is my intentions.... I just wondered if this was even worth it.. sigh.. Who am I kidding.. this is all part of this Addiction I have... I just want to try it out..

Thanx Guys...

markmercado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267CF8

curve does it all, no need to

PIN/ID

That is my intentions.... I just wondered if this was even worth it.. sigh.. Who am I kidding.. this is all part of this Addiction I have... I just want to try it out..

Thanx Guys...
    i love my little "combo." its perfect. do it

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    i love my little "combo." its perfect. do it
    DONE!!! Just ordered it. A lil belated xmas gift to myself.. TY for ur insight. So it will be just going onto my BIS page and just sending my svc books everytime I switch devices correct?

Everyone... Thanx Again

PIN/ID

yup, its just going to prompt you to change Pin# xxxxx to Pin#xxxxx. you click yes, then just send service books.

and you know what, now that i remember, you sold be able to do that right from the phone. just open the browser and go to set up internet email in your book marks. ugh now that i think about it, maybe that wont work...i always just do it from my PC

sorry if i dont make sense....been shopping all day so that caused me to go to the bar for a few

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast