I have Sprint and use the 8703e. Venting: 1) Why did they stop making RIM ... General Blackberry forum

180kid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A1B95A

just venting a little bit... please give feedback

Advertisement

I have Sprint and use the 8703e.

Venting:
    1) Why did they stop making RIM plastic holsters for the new phones? Does anyone else think they should have continued? I have carried the 7250 and now the 8703e. The plastic RIM holster is so easy to use and durable.

2) The only complaint I have with Sprint or any CDMA carrier is the lack of BBs compared to other carriers. GSM carriers have had the Pearl, 8800, and now getting ready to get the 8300. CDMA is just now getting the 8830 and it is outdated other than the ability to use on any network.

3) Why do GSM carriers get these devices and we don't? T-Mobile has great service and great service plans. However they are not offered in my area.

4) Cingular the new AT&T gets all the great BBs and they have the worst the service... PERIOD! All their commercials talk about them having the fewest dropped calls. I have never had a dropped call with Sprint since '99 and every person I talk to on Cingular's network either goes in and out of service during my calls with them or the call is just dropped. Cingular Sucks

Please leave your comments and thoughts...
    Thanks

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: just venting a little bit... please give feedback

I did like the plastic hoster that came with my 8700, a lot better than the pouch from my previous 7100i. However after switching to a leather case, I like it better than the plastic holster. It protects the back from getting scratched which was a problem for me. But perhaps some re-engineered plastic holsters are in order for the newer BBs.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Not. IMHO, the plastic holder was not very good. I prefer the leather cases. And I don't think Cingularis that bad. Been a customer for 5+ years and have had very few issues, and when I ddi, they were all fixed to my satisfaction. I get dropped calls once in awhile, but in areas where their coverage is lacking. All carriers have holes in their coverage.

If you are companing about GSm carriers get the newer devices sooner, do something. Be proactive and switch!

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9

Quote Originally Posted by 180kid
    I have Sprint and use the 8703e.

Venting:
    1) Why did they stop making RIM plastic holsters for the new phones? Does anyone else think they should have continued? I have carried the 7250 and now the 8703e. The plastic RIM holster is so easy to use and durable.

2) The only complaint I have with Sprint or any CDMA carrier is the lack of BBs compared to other carriers. GSM carriers have had the Pearl, 8800, and now getting ready to get the 8300. CDMA is just now getting the 8830 and it is outdated other than the ability to use on any network.

3) Why do GSM carriers get these devices and we don't? T-Mobile has great service and great service plans. However they are not offered in my area.

4) Cingular the new AT&T gets all the great BBs and they have the worst the service... PERIOD! All their commercials talk about them having the fewest dropped calls. I have never had a dropped call with Sprint since '99 and every person I talk to on Cingular's network either goes in and out of service during my calls with them or the call is just dropped. Cingular Sucks

Please leave your comments and thoughts...
    Thanks
    GSM phones take up less space to operate, hence smaller GSM phones. They can also fit more "stuff" inside GSM phones. IF you notice CDMA BB's are much thicker tham GSM BB's

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9

Quote Originally Posted by angeldaddy01
    GSM phones take up less space to operate, hence smaller GSM phones. They can also fit more "stuff" inside GSM phones. IF you notice CDMA BB's are much thicker tham GSM BB's
    Your coverage depends on where you are...here in the South East, SPrint blows and Cingular and other regional carriers are much better

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Go to t-mobiles website and try the personal coverage check to see if there has been updates for service in your area. And if it shows as roaming then that's okay. Your service will be fine. Where are you from anyway~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

i have a plastic clip for my pearl. nicest clip i have ever own, thin sleek and durable. use it for when i feel like showing off. but i also have my blackberry branded leather holster for carrying it while at work.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Does the 8703e ship with a different hoslter?

You have to pick your poison. If you want the latest and greatest BB's you have to be on a GSM carrier. Even then, people still gripe when their GSM carrier isn't the first to get a new BB (despite the fact that they can purchase out of contract and unlock). GSM just has more carriers worldwide. Why would RIM not cater to GSM first??

Coverage varies by market and it even varies within a given market. Just because at&t doesn't have the best coverage in your locale doesn't mean that their coverage is the worst throughout the country. In fact, I use at&t because their coverage suits my needs better than TMO (and I won't consider CDMA carriers because I prefer to be able to change handsets without having to buy from my carrier and have them handle the switch -- I want to be able to switch when and where I want to do so).