Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Uh... if AT&T had its way, there wouldn't BE any GPS in its new 'Berries... General Blackberry forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Re: Just Released: Live Search for BlackBerry! (Oct '07)

Advertisement

Uh... if AT&T had its way, there wouldn't BE any GPS in its new 'Berries

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

I notice under "Map" you can "Start GPS Tracking". Does this allow you to follow along on the map or can you save logs? Will there be an interface so someone at their computer can follow your progress? Thanks for a nice program!

galatians51 no está en línea Stack level 1

I cannot find the download link. Everytime I visit wls.live.com, all I see are download links for WM5 and WM2003/2003SE. I am on an 8100, T-Mobile.

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Downloaded -- for Canadian folks, it also works for major cities (at least Toronto) here, even though the disclaimer on install says only for U.S.

xOrphenochx no está en línea Stack level 1

Great app, since I got a BB, no reason for me to be lost!

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Wow, I was amazed too. Lots of info, restaurants, bars, movies, directions, maps etc.

LSMobile no está en línea Stack level 1

For the folks experiencing trouble, please take a look at the FAQ posted here:

http://wls-beta.members.winisp.net/bbfaq.htm (mobile friendly)

Thanks!
    LSMobile

akhan2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F2E11A

Wow! Compared to Google Maps, WLS is just as good, if not better. Keep it simple, keep it clean (PLEASE DON'T ADD ANY ADVERTISEMENT TO IT) and this will be a great product!

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

Very cool app, great look and easy to understand.
    ~via BB 8100 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smile Re: Just Released: Live Search for BlackBerry! (Oct '07)

A new version (1.5.2860.13336) is now available. It should fix:
    - the failed installation problem ("907 Invalid COD"),
    - the trackwheel problem in the map for the 8700 family and the 7130 using BlackBerry OS 4.2.1,
    - GPS initialization problem on CDMA devices (the application must be deleted before installing the new one to fix this particular issue),
    - GPS refresh for all OS 4.2 devices.

You can download it using the BlackBerry Browser at:
    http://wls.live.com
    or you can wait to be prompted for an update by Live Search in a few days.

When you are about to download the application, please make sure that the version is "1.5.2860.13336" and not "1.5.2838.909". If you get the wrong version, go to the menu and select "Refresh" on the same screen (with the download/cancel buttons), and you should get the right version and be able to download the application.

Sincerely,
    The Live Search for Mobile Team
    Last edited by LSMobile; 11-07-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3

just downloaded the new version but when I try to start it I get this
    Error starting live_search: module "live_search-1" not found. How can I fix this??

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm getting the same thing. This site apparently is down. Anytone know what the deal is with that?

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

I have tried to add this program to my 8310 last night and it would not add. Kept saying application failed to install. Then another stacker had read something about it possibly being the browser and to adjust your browser from Media Net to Internet Browser. I did that and it installed correctly. But when I tried to use it I got an error message "live_search module 'live_search-1' not found". Then I did a soft reset thinking that might solve the problem and when the 8310 came back up, Live Search was gone. The appliction is no where on the phone. I install this program twice and it did the same thing both times. Anyone have any ideas.

Oh there is also another thread talking about this issue and the application also.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._download.html

Hi all,
    We found a solution to the "Mobule 'Live_Search-1' not found" problem. It seems there is a problem with the browser cache on some devices (clearing it may not solve it).

When you are about to download the application, please make sure that the version is "1.5.2860.13336" and not "1.5.2838.909". If you get the wrong version, go to the menu and select "Refresh" on the same screen (with the download/cancel buttons), and you should get the right version and be able to download the application.
    After downloading, it is advised to reboot your device.

Sincerely,
    The Live Search for Mobile Team
    Last edited by LSMobile; 11-07-2007 at 04:58 PM.

** Updated: version 2.0.3048.13898 **

Live Search for BlackBerry Beta (BlackBerry OS 4.1 or later)
    http://wls.live.com

What is Live Search for BlackBerry?
    Live Search for BlackBerry is the essential mobile companion – it is an application you can install on your BlackBerry phone that makes it easy to search for business, get driving directions, view maps with up-the-minute traffic information and much more when you’re on the go.

What’s New?
    The new version of Live Search for BlackBerry has the following new features:
    Contact Integration. Save a search result to your contacts for quick access later.
    Mail to a Friend. Send a text message with search result details to a friend.
    Speech Recognition (for GSM devices with BlackBerry OS 4.2 and later). No need to type – for yellow page listings, just say what you want to find!
    Web Search. Initiate a web search from within the application just by clicking the ‘Web’ icon to get results from various other scopes, e.g. Web, News, Images, and more.
    Weather. Get current weather conditions and a 4-day forecast for your current location.
    Improved Searching. Speak or type an address into the main search box – try saying “One Microsoft Way Redmond Washington” or your home address.
    Increased Traffic Coverage. Up-to-minute traffic info for more cities, e.g. Dallas, Indianapolis, and more.
    Same As It Ever Was…
    Local Search. Search yellow and white page listings near you.
    Driving Directions. After finding a business, get directions to your destination.
    Maps. Smooth panning/zooming experience with maps optimized for readability and efficient use of your data connection.
    Traffic. View maps with up-to-the minute traffic information.
    GPS Integration. Track your progress along a route by clicking Menu > Center On GPS when you’re viewing the route on a map.
    Movie Showtimes. Quickly browse movie show times near you organized by movie or by theater.
    We want your feedback!
    Please send all feedback, suggestions, bugs, and questions to lsmobile@microsoft.com.

Happy Searching!
    -- The Live Search for mobile Team

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast