There is something that has really been bothering the more that I read this forum. ... General Blackberry forum

curtaincall no está en línea Stack level 1

just need to get something out

Advertisement

There is something that has really been bothering the more that I read this forum. All of these people that want to have a blackberry because makes such a cool statement to carry around a phone that has a full keyboard but they don't want to pay the 30/month to actually use a completely functional device. It doesn't make you look cool if you can't afford to make it work.
    Last edited by I7oobie; 08-07-2007 at 09:33 AM.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: just need to get something out

Quote Originally Posted by curtaincall
    There is something that has really been bothering the more that I read this forum. All of these people that want to have a blackberry because makes such a cool statement to carry around a phone that has a full keyboard but they don't want to pay the 30/month to actually use a completely functional device. It doesn't make you look cool if you can't afford to make it work.
    Thanks for the opinion, but a blackberry is a phone, first and foremost. If people can't/won't pay the $30 for the data plan, that's up to them.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I agree with you both. If you're going to sit in StarBucks and type in MemoPad on your blackberry like you're some big shot lawyer, but can't actually afford email, then you can get hit by a car as far as I'm concerned. But there are alot of students, stay at home moms, etc that just use the organizer and phone, but for them it isn't a status symbol.
    If your Blackberry is just another fasion accessory, i hope your battery explodes and takes off one of your ears and that fake diamond ear ring you have in it.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

alin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a241a4

What difference does it make why or how someone else uses their blackberry?

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

For me personally, I dont know what I would do without my BB and all of the data functions. I have seen many people who do not use the BB to its full potential and at first it bothered me. But, I soon realized that the people who buy it as a status symbol are often the people who buy it because of the nice camera, media player, or because it really is a great phone. The features on the newer BBs and those yet to be released are great and I look forward to the new innovations. The sales of BBs to people who use them for just these features have show RIM that people really do want these great features and in my opinion that is great for someone like myself who actually uses the BB for business and life in general.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

If they want to tote it around as a "fashion accessory"; let them. If they want to use it as a coaster; let them. They spent the money just like you did. It's there's to do with as they please.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use mine for business and pleasure, but if somone wants it just for pleasure, that's great! The more the merrier. And how do you know if they're faking or not? Are you judging by the way by the a person looks? Or do peek over they're shoulder or somthing? Either way not cool!

The phone and PIM features of a BB are far superior to the average mobile phone. Address book is much more organized and not limited by memory; you can keep messages (phone call records) virtually forever (on a regular mobile phone, you can only keep the last ten calls); you get an articulate, practical calendar; you get a Memo Pad that you can actually use (I keep track of gas mileage, etc. on it); BB has the best "cell phone" calculator; an advanced search function; the best quality calls both on the earpiece and speakerphone that I've heard; etc. etc. So if you do not use (and do not pay the extra expense) of the data plan, these BBs still are a mile ahead of the average "cell phone". Then, bonus, when you're out socializing you still get to whip out a BlackBerry when you gat a phone call or an SMS, and it does get a response! Further Gonzo Bonus If I happen to want (or need) to add a data plan, I already own the perfect handheld to do so!

I think I'm going to head over to Starbucks's now . . . .

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Still one thing which I'm surprised no one has said yet is that if your running a PC or laptop at home with outlook you can sync your emails, addresses, calender entries by the software that comes with the phone desktop manager.

Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    Still one thing which I'm surprised no one has said yet is that if your running a PC or laptop at home with outlook you can sync your emails, addresses, calender entries by the software that comes with the phone desktop manager.
    Very true! Plus you can back up all your information to your PC using DM. Can't do that on a RAZR!

cupiecat no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245061B0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed! Ouch!!

curtaincall no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I didn't necessarily mean for this to be a touchy a subject and it may be more where I live but it was meremy something I noticed. The more money people spend on RIM products and service means the more money RIM has to develop new products. And I do agree with the fact that a blackberry has far superior applications to any other phone but its not a fashion accessory.

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

Who are you to decide what it is?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I love watching customers get a BB with Sprint, and I tell them its mandatory to have the data plan. I had a sprint BB for at least 6 months until I got a data plan, once I did I never looked back.

When I decided to not have a data plan it was because I didnt need the internet, emails and all the data. I used it for organization, which is because I am a very organized person. I used to carry around a binder to keep myself organized, now I just have everything I need in my BB.

As soon as the 8130 releases for Sprint I will be getting that one, however I wont be getting rid of my 8830. I am going to carry both, just so I can learn all the features of the 8130, while using the 8830, still my favorite BB of choice. I wont be getting the data plan for the 8130, yes there are ways around the mandatory, no I wont tell you. I am not looking to be cool by carrying the second BB, it is merely a business decision for me.

You brought up a good point, but I hope you see that not everyone wants to get a BB for the email and data, some people feel very comfortable being so organized.

My opinon for what its worth.

Nice topic btw...