I have asked the question previously about our PAs wanting to view their bosses calendars ... General Blackberry forum

barrythebadger no está en línea Stack level 4

Just a little IT support suggestion........

Advertisement

I have asked the question previously about our PAs wanting to view their bosses calendars http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._handsets.html
    I think a good feature would be seperate calendars available to view on the same device. As you can get in Outlook (ugh), so that PAs can add/remove/edit appointments both in their own calendars and their boss', without having to connect via USB.

Are there any third party apps already out there? Or does anyone know whether RIM intend to do something like this?

As the BB is supposed to be a mobile office, this kind of thing would be useful!

Oh, and don't give PAs Blackberrys, it's a very, very dangerous thing to do!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Just a little IT support suggestion........

Take a lookie at this. In Outlook you can give others permission to view your calendar. My entire group has access to everyone's calendars for scheduling calls, meetings, etc.

This product should allow you to view anything you can see in Outlook on your desktop on the BB.

http://www.chapura.com/foldermirror.php

I had a quick look at that one earlier........lots of money! Not sure that anyone wants to pay for this kind of thing. Although it certainly seems like the simplest option, and i know that some of our users have used Chapura before!

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

How many PA's are there? What is a PA? This will certainly allow you to ascertain how much they really want to look at their bosses calendars!

If you have a number of PA's interested, you may be able to get a discount from the company. It never hurts to ask.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Email bbsuggestions@rim.com. These forums aren't actively monitored by RIM.

I'm not sure I entirely agree that the BB is intended to be a "mobile office". People might try to use their BB's that way but it's still primarily a push email device with some PIM, some multimedia (on newer models) and some 3rd party app support. It's on its way to being a full-fledged mobile office but it's not quite there yet.

I'm not aware of any apps that enable a second calendar that can be synched wirelessly (and synched wirelessly to a calendar in a BES-associated Exchange account at that). Though FolderMirror looks like your best bet if it does what it claims...
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-01-2007 at 10:59 AM.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Badger, will each user have to pay for their own solution, or will the company pay?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Email bbsuggestions@rim.com. These forums aren't actively monitored by RIM.

I'm not sure I entirely agree that the BB is intended to be a "mobile office". People might try to use their BB's that way but it's still primarily a push email device with some PIM, some multimedia (on newer models) and some 3rd party app support. It's on its way to being a full-fledged mobile office but it's not quite there yet.

I'm not aware of any apps that enable a second calendar that can be synched wirelessly (and synched wirelessly to a calendar in a BES-associated Exchange account at that). Though FolderMirror looks like your best bet if it does what it claims...
    Completely agree, emailing suggestions is always a great way to get your ideas and problems in front of RIM. But RIM does monitor this forum frequently. there are MANY users on here who registered using a xxx@rim.com email address. Some who are large contributors to this forum. Many more than you might imagine. Just thought I'd offer some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146
    Badger, will each user have to pay for their own solution, or will the company pay?
    Definitely the company!

Just needs to have justification!