I added 2 groups to my address book (on my MacBook) and synced it using ... General Blackberry forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

Advertisement

I added 2 groups to my address book (on my MacBook) and synced it using my MissingSync. I have done this before for my family, friends, etc. These were for 2 organizations I recently joined and wanted to keep the emails for easily accessible. I didn't have anything other than their names and emails.

After the sync though there are duplicates of contacts on my Blackberry (8130) and they are not in any kind of alphabetical order anymore. This affected not just the new contacts, but ALL of my contacts.

So I was wondering if anyone can help me. Why would this happen? Way to fix it? Do I need to delete the new contacts? Is there a specific way I need to add them to my contacts to prevent this from happening?

Anyone who can help - THANKS!

When I added new contacts to my address book and synced my Blackberry I had duplicates. Playing around with several other syncs and doing battery pulls to be certain of resetting it I now have NO contacts at ALL in Blackberry (though it is still recognizing my speed dial numbers? ) and am receiving the following error when it finishes powering up:

Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException

What is this? Is this the source of all my issues with addresses? How do I fix?

Anybody know? Would appreciate some help. Thanks!
    Last edited by azstar; 04-24-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: duplicate threads

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Though I honestly have no experence with this sorta thing.I'm curious.Have you tried a wipe and then reinstall your contacts? Wouldn't that get rid of the glitch?

Well I hope you get it solved,and let us know how it works out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wish is was that easy but the error exists and has caused probs with my address book as well. Also if I were to want to wipe my contacts I'm pretty sure I would have to wipe my entire BB. Which then I would have to re-install EVERYTHING - all my 3rd party apps, themes, etc. I'm looking to see if there is another way.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Ooooh that's a bummer.Sorry my poor excuse for a sudjestion wasn't any help.

But there is bound to be some great thinkers here who can give you a better list of options.I wish you all the best,and hope things work out you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~