In Light of all the New Hype about using Google Talk with jabber server to ... General Blackberry forum

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Jabber Reliable Active Servers 4 Google Talk Integration.

Advertisement

In Light of all the New Hype about using Google Talk with jabber server to be able to connect thru GT into MSN AOL Yahoo etc.....A big problem arises that is finding a realiabe jabber server that doesnt disconnect all day or randomly.

ANy of you guys and gals out there that have taken the plunge like myself to use it know its an awesome way to connect to MSN like i have.Because it uses all the good points of bb Google Talk and adds the ability to connect to your MSN & AOL buddies..Personally i just have msn buddies thru my GT since thats were most of my friends are.
    I use Ramble and sms messaging for AOL but GT with the MSN integration is Great for those who havent tried it u should..there is a Thread made by a great guy and pinstack member Lewis who has helped me alot i may add (thanks) on how to setup the entire thing,,i cant post links but search for this thread..>> Guide to: Google Talk...and MSN/Yahoo!/AOL

Back to the issue of finding a reliable jabber server lewis has listed one that works well for him myjabber.net it works ok for me but at least here in NYC it shows up as offline for hours at a time and for me this is not cool cause i would like to be connected 24/7 i work nights so its basicaly necessary since i keep tabs on my relatives that live internationally thru MSN Messenger..

SO for any of those who have tested this Please list what servers you have used which are Bad and which are GOod..maybe this way we can cut down time on setting up the Google talk to connect to the other IM's its really much better than verichat or IM+ when its working....Gracias...thanks for time how to hear alot of Input on this...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Jabber Reliable Active Servers 4 Google Talk Integration.

thanks

I am currently testing one server named vilinkup.com it works pretty great with msn only problem im noticing now is that when i shut down the PSI program it logs out the msn transport as well..i thought all these servers worked independently from the PSI program i guess maybe they all dont..There are so many its hard to test them all..

By the way i also forgot to mention something that was mentioned in the other Thread you can look for free jabber servers in this page by country or by domain http:vvv.xmpp(dot)net << had to do this since i cant post URL's yet..

A lil trick i use is to in GT on my (PC) i rename all my contacts and put the IM service in front of the nick ex. myname@hotmail.com i change to msn (myname) this can be done with each service u install this way ur contacts are seperated by service which is wat most of us like...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am cuRrently been running googletalk(gt) with MSN contacts thru flawlessly for 2 complete days..in which I have been logged on continously without a flaw.adter much testing with diff jabber servers which is a real pain..while tryin to unregister from the myjabber.net I actually somehow lost my ability to log on thru the psi unto my gmail acct if kept giving me a error on gt in my bb overflow queue process killed..so I did more research found another server thanks to awesome members of the forum and now I have a server for all u who want msn messenger on ur bb thru gt "msn.nedbsd.nl" it's awesome server so far and the problem of the server disconnecting me when I would close psi on my pc is also fixed with this server...hope this helps someone out there..