Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~perfect, makes sense. I have a 2GB right now so I guess there'd ... General Blackberry forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: I've never heard of this

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~perfect, makes sense. I have a 2GB right now so I guess there'd be no reason to do it. I delete non-important messages anyways

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ cool, learn somethin' new everyday, Thanx Guys!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Justyn, this Warning Log doesn't affect the Media Card, only the device memory. The problem under discussion when talking about clearing the Log is device memory used temporarily by apps, not being released correctly. This result in the Core Apps deleting Call Logs and Messages so that newer entries can be received. The Warning Log keeps building and therefore uses memory. Clearing it releases that memory.

As to what it's used for, it can help the BlackBerry Technicians in trouble shooting application errors by providing more information than just the single error message that is dislplayed on the screen.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Justyn, this Warning Log doesn't affect the Media Card, only the device memory. The problem under discussion when talking about clearing the Log is device memory used temporarily by apps, not being released correctly. This result in the Core Apps deleting Call Logs and Messages so that newer entries can be received. The Warning Log keeps building and therefore uses memory. Clearing it releases that memory.

As to what it's used for, it can help the BlackBerry Technicians in trouble shooting application errors by providing more information than just the single error message that is dislplayed on the screen.

Rcbjr.
    Hey Rcbjr, if you have the memory cleaner enabled by content protection, does it clean out the log or does it need to be done manually still?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Not sure about that, Don't use that feature. I haven't had any problem losing anything, so haven't needed it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Not sure about that, Don't use that feature. I haven't had any problem losing anything, so haven't needed it.

Rcbjr.
    Thanks

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ice had a problem here and there but not on a regular basis. I knew what Red meant as in there woudnt be a problem if I had a media card (that nothings saved on the phone memory. Rcbjr, I do think that's the best answer you've given. So I guess you don't have to clean this log on a regular basis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12