I don't know if this question was asked before, but I have searched for this ... General Blackberry forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Items running in the background

Advertisement

I don't know if this question was asked before, but I have searched for this answer before with no luck.
    I was wondering does anyone know how to stop things that are running in the background? I have the beta OS 4.5.0.55 and it is draining my battery quickly. I checked the things that are running by "atl & the back key". It shows I have running; Phone, Browser, Home, Messages, iCall Light, B&W list, Roblock, txtForward, Berry-a-Code, BBsmart alarm, AscendoMoney, e-Mobile Today; these applications are using allot my battery. I want to know how to turn them off so this will not happen anymore. I find myself charging my BB in the middle of the day (35% left).

Thank you in advance.............
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    When you're done using a program you must be sure to hit the menu button and click close, otherwise most programs stay open. There are some things the phone always has running that you can't get away which are the browser, phone, home, messages, and PTT if you have it. Everything else there though is just because you haven't been closing out programs or they're apps that must be running to work right.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    When you're done using a program you must be sure to hit the menu button and click close, otherwise most programs stay open. There are some things the phone always has running that you can't get away which are the browser, phone, home, messages, and PTT if you have it. Everything else there though is just because you haven't been closing out programs or they're apps that must be running to work right.
    Thanks for the information, But I have been closing them out right...
    I figured that most of the applications that I have listed needed to be running in order to have the application work effectively. Well that summed up my theory on this.. Thank you again for the quick response....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........